**The Lost Presets for Gladiator 2.1 released**

B Lee

Hello everyone.

My name is Bryan Lee and I am a professional sound designer, having worked with numbers software synthesizer developers over the years such as ReFX, Rob Papen, Camel Audio, Fabfilter, Tone2, FXpansion, Pro-Sounds, and more.

I have officially launched my new website, XenosSoundworks.com, and many releases are planned as I have accumulated a huge number of software synthesizers while working with my clients.

My first release is a bank of 128 fresh, pro-quality sounds for Tone2's Gladiator soft synth, named The Lost Presets as I was on the sound design team for Gladiator 2.0's release and not everything I submitted was included in the final product. I have also included many brand-new sounds, both to fill the bank to a whole 128 set and also to take advantage of the latest update's new features.
No expansions are required. This bank is for all Gladiator users.
It is available on the "Soundbanks" page at XenosSoundworks.com.

I also have a free soundbank for Fabfilter One available on the "Free Soundbanks" page. More freebies will be posted soon.

Lastly, I am open to requests. Which software synth would you like to see new sounds for, and for what musical genre? Let it be known that I'm not just here to spam the boards lol. This may be my first post, but I plan on sticking around a while. I was referred here by a member of another forum (KVRAudio) in a discussion about how it seems most soft syths are targeted at Trance/Electro producers and how I felt that Hip Hop and Rap producers got no love.

Hi and welcome to futureproducers.com.

I'm interested in downloading your soundbanks so i'll check your website out.

One of my favourite VST's now is Sylenth. I was wondering if you could design some sounds for that.

I also would like some soundbanks for Albino 3 and Predator my Rob Papen. And maybe some of the Minimoog or Minimonsta VST's too.

I'm mainly looking for thick warm leads, basses, whistles, arp's and sound fx.

As i'm sure a lot of other producers are too.

I was also looking for a VST's with ethnic, oriental and celtic instruments too. DO you have a recommendation for a VST with these instruments?

Or could you possibly design emulations in refill format to be used with Reason's racks?

I'm sorry for getting off topic there but you sound experienced in this area so i thought maybe you could help.

Hi and welcome to futureproducers.com.

I'm interested in downloading your soundbanks so i'll check your website out.

One of my favourite VST's now is Sylenth. I was wondering if you could design some sounds for that.

I also would like some soundbanks for Albino 3 and Predator my Rob Papen. And maybe some of the Minimoog or Minimonsta VST's too.

I'm mainly looking for thick warm leads, basses, whistles, arp's and sound fx.

As i'm sure a lot of other producers are too.

I was also looking for a VST's with ethnic, oriental and celtic instruments too. DO you have a recommendation for a VST with these instruments?

Or could you possibly design emulations in refill format to be used with Reason's racks?

I'm sorry for getting off topic there but you sound experienced in this area so i thought maybe you could help.

Hi there, HHBM

Thank you for your input and ideas. To answer your questions....

** 2 soundbanks for Sylenth1 are planned. The first one released will be aimed at producers of Hip Hop, Rap, Drum & Bass, Dubstep and Ambient. This bank will be called "UnTranced".
The second soundbank will be aimed at producers of the harder, angrier side of dance music -- Hard Trance, Hardtechno, Hardstyle, Schranz, IDM and Industrial. This bank will be called "Rage".

** I currently do not own MinimoggV or Minimonsta, but I do own Albino and Predator (man, I love those!). Soundsets are most definitely planned for those. I will start with Predator first. If you're interested, a soundbank of mine has already been made for Rob Papen and will be available soon for purchase on his website. That set is an "all arounder" though, meaning not specialized to one musical style. Because I enjoyed working with Predator so much, I plan to make another set very soon and sell it on my own site.

** For ethnic sounds, your best bet would be to look at some of Zero-G's Kontakt Player libraries. They're a bit pricey, but I've heard very good words about them. For a cheaper option, you might look at NuSofting's Knagalis VSTi. These guys tend to put out good products for very reasonable prices. Luigi, the owner of NuSofting is a good guy and should be able to help you out with any questions you might have.
For oriental sounds, I would seriously check out ChineeKong(dot)com (otherwise called Kong Audio). Very good chinese sample instruments for a reasonable price. I own ChineeKong (their drum/percussion VSTi) and absolutely love it.

** Currently, I do not own Reason, but am very seriously thinking of purchasing a copy and then creating and selling refills. Reason has a large, dedicated following and that is a market I would be interested in catering to.

Hope this helps you out :).

Bryan

Cool deal for $15. When I cop Gladiator, this will come shortly after.

Hey thanks, man :). Definitely check out Gladiator. It has a character all it's own and is a great tool for sound design. Most of the factory presets are rather "trance-y" but it's capabilities go way beyond that. An expansion for Gladiator which allows you to import your own samples and mangle them all to Hell is planned :).

I think the hardest thing to find is hard virus style reese sounds and really good gated sounds. Also it's hard to find synth transition sounds like wind ups and such. I would like to see virus patches for Vanguard, Nexus, Ultra Analog, and for Reason by using Thor with Subtractor and Malstrom.

I think the hardest thing to find is hard virus style reese sounds and really good gated sounds. Also it's hard to find synth transition sounds like wind ups and such. I would like to see virus patches for Vanguard, Nexus, Ultra Analog, and for Reason by using Thor with Subtractor and Malstrom.

Nailing that Virus sound 100% would be impossible with anything other than a Virus. That said, however, I think I would do well to pick up a used TI off ebay and learn the darn thing inside and out lol. I should be able to at least recreate some of the magic of many of its presets with some of the soft synths out there. Which sound gets imitated on which synth will largely depend on the given soft synth's architecture and which of the Virus' features are used on the given Virus preset.
A bank totally devoted to Virus sounds might be best attempted with a full-on modular softsynth like U-he's Zebra.
Speaking of getting a Virus...I suppose I'd make a mint selling my own preset banks straight from the hardware, then write the cost of the Virus off my taxes....yep, guess I need a Virus TI :).

Tell ya what...I'm gonna add a Virus and Reason to my Buy List, save up the funds and just get 'em. The idea of getting some decent Virus imitations in Reason's synths is certainly plausible, not to mention that I could also use NNXT and sample my own original Virus creations from the hardware presets I would also be selling. Reason's sampler would come in quite handy as the TI has wavetables and it'd be pretty friggin difficult to emulate that kind of character on anything other than a real Virus because the very foundation of that particular sound is a Virus wavetable, not just a couple of saw waves lol.

Bump! :).

This soundset does not specialize in one musical genre. Many of these sounds were originally going to be part of Gladiator's factory presets, so several genres were targeted: Trance, Hip Hop, Drum & Bass, Dubstep, Electro, 80's New Wave, Industrial and Ambient/Filmscore.

Back