Just Bought Kore 2 With The Hardware

DaNOC

Peace to everyone, I just bought Kore 2 with the hardware, I was about to buy just the software, then I seen how the hardware works and just got that. Though they ran out of the software only lol Seems they can't keep that in the stores. So I know people are buying it.
Anyone here has it? I am going to plug it in tonight, and get busy. I see some packs I am going to get, plus they give you a free pack, that's cool. So Now I will have Omnisphere and Kore 2, So what you think about the Kore 2?

haven't used the hardware, but i've demo'd the software, i like being able to get to sounds organized by type/instrument, etc, kinda like how you have on some 'hardware' machines. looks like it would be a lot more fun to use with the controller, since i set up my Trigger Finger to work with Kore2 via the racks interface. oh and i like how i was able to organize all my other plugins via the kore2 interfaced as well, that was nice. let us know how you like it so far. why didn't you go with the kore2+komplete5 bundle? thats thousands of sounds right there before you even get expansion packs.
LevLove

Last edited:
LevLover said:
haven't used the hardware, but i've demo'd the software, i like being able to get to sounds organized by type/instrument, etc, kinda like how you have on some 'hardware' machines. looks like it would be a lot more fun to use with the controller, since i set up my Trigger Finger to work with Kore2 via the racks interface. oh and i like how i was able to organize all my other plugins via the kore2 interfaced as well, that was nice. let us know how you like it so far. why didn't you go with the kore2+komplete5 bundle? thats thousands of sounds right there before you even get expansion packs.
LevLove

Yeah, this is set up like Omnisphere by catagory etc. Love it. I can't wait to plug Kore 2 up and get this baby pumping.
Komplete5? Well, I have in my possession at least 100,000 sounds, plus I am getting the Key for Goliath, I think I would over kill it. There are a couple of Packs I want from NI but trust me I am good. I don't know if I am coming or going I have so many sounds lol hahaaa:cheers:

This is the only program that has instructions scattered all over the place and not step by step. I will attempt to load this thing tonight, i don't understand why NI made their instructions like this. They need to pick up and make their system to go step by step, and not have the Kore player over here and this and that over here. it should all be on one disk.

no sound out of kore 2

Can Someone Help Me Out With Kore 2 Im Not Getting No F***ing Sound Out Of It My Midi Is On An Working But No Sound I've Called N.i. They Didn't Help They Just Told Me To Read The Manual Don't You Think I've Done That I Spent 200 Dollars On This S**t Someone Help Im On My Third Week Tryna Get This Right An I Need To Start Making Music I Am Going Bazerk

M Dagreat, I hope you get your thing working.

Me myself, here's my review of Kore 2!

1. Difficult to load the software, it took me three days.
2. Their instructions is all over the place, things should be on the disc and not here and there, then download this and that, it's crazy!
3. The sounds are mediocre! It's no where to the expectations of Omnishpere! I don't even want anyone telling me Kore 2 is this and that. IT'S GARBAGE TO ME! My Roland 3080 sounds are better than this. It got so bad where my mind was telling me only buy hardware. I have done well with Ik stuff, Protools synths etc. This program, pissed me off. I don't usually curse but this is where I am. I have to with draw my ealier statements on this one.
4. It's not as great as people talk about! Whoever say this is in the same calibra as Omnisphere IS A FOOL!
5. Some of the sounds didn't even show up! I even bought one of their packs, got it half off because of the coupon, and that program I loaded and didn't show up. I tried t load it 5 times! That is bananas. I have never had any trouble with a software synth in my life.

I am returning this Monday!

Kore 2 rating to me is NO STARS!

DaNOC said:
5. Some of the sounds didn't even show up! I even bought one of their packs, got it half off because of the coupon, and that program I loaded and didn't show up. I tried t load it 5 times! That is bananas. I have never had any trouble with a software synth in my life.

I am returning this Monday!

Kore 2 rating to me is NO STARS!

You got to scan the folders for the sounds in the packs to show up.
I had no problem with my Kore 2

DaNOC said:
3. The sounds are mediocre! It's no where to the expectations of Omnishpere! I don't even want anyone telling me Kore 2 is this and that. IT'S GARBAGE TO ME! My Roland 3080 sounds are better than this. It got so bad where my mind was telling me only buy hardware. I have done well with Ik stuff, Protools synths etc. This program, pissed me off. I don't usually curse but this is where I am. I have to with draw my ealier statements on this one.

When you are talking about the sounds being mediocre are you referring to:

1. The overall quality of the programming.
2. The variety of the programming too suited to one specific genre (e.g. techno).
3. Lack of bread and Butter sounds.

I downloaded the free Kore player and thought the presets were pretty good (even though it had very few bread and butter sounds). I would of thought the paid version would had much better sounds, so I am shocked that you said the sounds were mediocre.

I am debating getting Kore (mainly just because I would like to orgainize all of my presets from various softsynths better).

I already own Komplete 5 and found the quality of programming to be overall above average (Kontakt 3, Massive, Absynth, and FM8 were the main standouts) but mediocre at times (but this is to be expected with 7000 sounds).

kore 2 software edition for sale

DaNoc is right kore 2 is nothing but trouble an frustration i was losing my mind trying to get this thing to work im exchanging it unfortuantley thats the only thing i can do so i will be getting a new order of kore 2 in a week so if anyone wants it im selling it for $150 maybe even $135 im desperate do get this thing off my hand let me know asap if you want it im over kore 2 im checking out some other vsts

jlgrimes11 said:
When you are talking about the sounds being mediocre are you referring to:

1. The overall quality of the programming.
2. The variety of the programming too suited to one specific genre (e.g. techno).
3. Lack of bread and Butter sounds.

I downloaded the free Kore player and thought the presets were pretty good (even though it had very few bread and butter sounds). I would of thought the paid version would had much better sounds, so I am shocked that you said the sounds were mediocre.

I am debating getting Kore (mainly just because I would like to orgainize all of my presets from various softsynths better).

I already own Komplete 5 and found the quality of programming to be overall above average (Kontakt 3, Massive, Absynth, and FM8 were the main standouts) but mediocre at times (but this is to be expected with 7000 sounds).

Let me say this, some guy running his mouth said Kore 2 is this and that and this and that, and it's up there with Omnisphere! NO IT'S NOT! Kore 2 is a basic program, and the sounds are not even bread and butter! The sounds I heard are just that MEDIOCRE! I know sounds, Omnisphere has great sounds, and easy to load, and the price that I paid was $199.99 because I had Atmosphere, is INCREDIBLE! I paid $399.99 for Kore 2 and it's not even up to par with Omni.

Top it off, it took me three days to load it, then 2 hours to get the key activation to work. I mean what in the hell? I never had any problem like this. Oh and please don't tell me it's my computer because I have a brand new spanking Mac Intel OS X 4.9 and by N.I. it's suppose to take my brand.

Whoever is thinking about buying Kore 2 DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF! Plus these guys at support don't even help you. This is the worse program I have ever dealt with! I aready tried scanning and patches fo the sounds still didn't show up.

Again, I don't like it and won't be using it.

M-dagreat said:
DaNoc is right kore 2 is nothing but trouble an frustration i was losing my mind trying to get this thing to work im exchanging it unfortuantley thats the only thing i can do so i will be getting a new order of kore 2 in a week so if anyone wants it im selling it for $150 maybe even $135 im desperate do get this thing off my hand let me know asap if you want it im over kore 2 im checking out some other vsts

Maybe you might want to talk to N I support so they can reissue the license if yours came with one. I know mines did, and soon as I get that I am putting mines on the market. I have the Kore 2 with the hardware. I don't want it in my site at all! I am never ever never never ever ever dealing with N.I. stuff or synths!

breal said:
You got to scan the folders for the sounds in the packs to show up.
I had no problem with my Kore 2

Peace Breal
I did the scanning, some of the sound sets were missing COMPLETE SOUNDS! I even bought the Urban Arsenal and it didn't show up. So what I have done is taken the U.A. Sounds, since they are wave and transfer them over to the MPC an d made a folder so I can grab them when I am working in Reason.
For me I was expecting new hot sounds, and it's basic sounds from way back when. I don't need that, I need new and exciting sounds, and they are not BREAD AND BUTTER SOUNDS, where I am suppose to be SO INSPIRED TO MAKE A TRACK. But yeah I did the scanning bro.

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
Peace Breal
I did the scanning, some of the sound sets were missing COMPLETE SOUNDS! I even bought the Urban Arsenal and it didn't show up. So what I have done is taken the U.A. Sounds, since they are wave and transfer them over to the MPC an d made a folder so I can grab them when I am working in Reason.
For me I was expecting new hot sounds, and it's basic sounds from way back when. I don't need that, I need new and exciting sounds, and they are not BREAD AND BUTTER SOUNDS, where I am suppose to be SO INSPIRED TO MAKE A TRACK. But yeah I did the scanning bro.

I forgot to tell you I had to update my Kore 2 software for some of the packs to work.Urban Arsenal one would not load some of them until I did

breal said:
I forgot to tell you I had to update my Kore 2 software for some of the packs to work.Urban Arsenal one would not load some of them until I did

Danggggg it wouldn't load for you? Wow. Well with this one Ima leave Kore 2 alone, I have an arsenal of VSTs from Ik, to digi, so I am good. What I am going to do is add the Motif XS to my Arsenal and that's it. I will be good, I trust the hardware, because all I have to do is plug that into my mixing board and record straight up into Protools and I am good.

What did you update it to, and w here did you get your update? NI stuff is so scattered I can't find the one thing I would look for.:cheers:

I love Kore 2. I've loaded on my laptop and my desktop PC, and the Mac at the studio running under Protools HD with no issues...

DaNOC said:
Danggggg it wouldn't load for you? Wow. Well with this one Ima leave Kore 2 alone, I have an arsenal of VSTs from Ik, to digi, so I am good. What I am going to do is add the Motif XS to my Arsenal and that's it. I will be good, I trust the hardware, because all I have to do is plug that into my mixing board and record straight up into Protools and I am good.

What did you update it to, and w here did you get your update? NI stuff is so scattered I can't find the one thing I would look for.:cheers:

I don't own Kore but usually with most NI products, the CD should include some software called NI service center.

The program will handling registering your software, and letting you know what updates or other downloads are available.

My experience with NI within the last couple of years has been a good one. Before then however, they were very buggy, but now their programs are pretty stable.

jlgrimes11 said:
I don't own Kore but usually with most NI products, the CD should include some software called NI service center.

The program will handling registering your software, and letting you know what updates or other downloads are available.

My experience with NI within the last couple of years has been a good one. Before then however, they were very buggy, but now their programs are pretty stable.

I did the Service Center, trust me I have years of experience of loading programs, I did that. I really don't like the quality of the sounds either, I was told it was inspiring sounds and they aren't. Omnisphere is, I have done 12 tracks with that and counting, so I did everything, I don't want it, but thanks:cheers:

i love Kore 2, are you just loading sounds and playing a few keys to hear how the sound/compare to other sounds?, when i export my midi channels to audio for mixing the sounds always sound good and becuase the effects in kore are really good.

another good thing with Kore is you can load other N.I instruments inside it and browse their sounds on the hardware.

try and use the hardware as a tool rather than just look at the presets, its a good tool to have in the studio.

i see your a specrasnic fan, i don't think ill purchase omnisphere but i am looking to get atmosphere one day for ambiances and pads.

MearsAndDraco said:
i love Kore 2, are you just loading sounds and playing a few keys to hear how the sound/compare to other sounds?, when i export my midi channels to audio for mixing the sounds always sound good and becuase the effects in kore are really good.

another good thing with Kore is you can load other N.I instruments inside it and browse their sounds on the hardware.

try and use the hardware as a tool rather than just look at the presets, its a good tool to have in the studio.

i see your a specrasnic fan, i don't think ill purchase omnisphere but i am looking to get atmosphere one day for ambiances and pads.

Omnisphere sounds nice from the demos I heard. But it has a 2 gig of Ram requirement. That's all the Ram I have in XP. Seems kind of high.
Anybodys using Omnisphere with only 2 gigs in XP?

How is the performance.

jlgrimes11 said:
Omnisphere sounds nice from the demos I heard. But it has a 2 gig of Ram requirement. That's all the Ram I have in XP. Seems kind of high.

How is the performance.

omnisphere is that crack. altho it took me almost 12 hours to load the sound discs. but other then that. omnisphere is my go to synth now. I'm installing sample logic the elements now. anybody ever used that?

MearsAndDraco said:

Peace MearsAndDraco,
Yes I am a Spectrasonics fan big time, not only did I buy Omni, but I got RMX, the new version of it to sync with Omnisphere. I don't like Kore2 and I have a Mac OSX Intel, blown out to 12 gigs of ram and I know how to load a program. The stock sounds of Kore are mediocre to me, I like never before heard sounds, like Omni has, plus the loading and activation was crap to me and took to long. I don't want any NI synths, not because I am a fan of Spectra because it doesn't fit my need! I am a fan of Digi snyths also, Reason Synths, which the Thor is off the chain. To me Kore 2 is a mimictation of Omnisphere, and they aren't even close nor did they get it right. I am selling mines Monday, so it's out of my hair, and I will just use what I have, and Omnisphere is a lot.
Atmosphere is discontinue unless you can get a used copy of it or if you get blessed can get a copy from a company that is selling it brand new. If you like Atmosphere, well, Omni is 5 times better. I am able to bring all my Atmos sounds into Omni and that's great because Atmos was doing a Beta thing and this chart kept coming up in Protools which was a headache, now I can open up Omni and use my Atmos in that and it sounds incredible, because of the STEAM engine in Omni. If you go to their site you won't see Atmos advertised anymore.

jlgrimes11 said:

How is the performance.

Peace Grimes,
Well bro 2 gigs of ram is old school, programs are bigger and faster you need to step up your gig spectram, I have 12 gigs of ram in my Mac Pro Intel. My computer don't even blink. People need to step up two things, hard drive space and gigs. I have two terra bytes in my computer which holds massive of things and when you're doing movies and music you need a powerful computer.

damayor666 said:
omnisphere is that crack. altho it took me almost 12 hours to load the sound discs. but other then that. omnisphere is my go to synth now. I'm installing sample logic the elements now. anybody ever used that?

^^^^Agree! It's worse than crack, it's an epidemic without a defintion! Are you pulling our legs, or did it really take you 12 hours to load? Mines only took me 25 minutes.

What is Sample Logic?

People dought Omni you can listen to the track on myspace called "Omni test track" . I have made up new hot joints can't share those lol

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

Last edited:
the website is sample logic dot com and i'm thinking about buying that synergy also from the same company see how good that is. and yes it took me hours and hours to install and i have 3 gigs of ram

Last edited:
Back