I'm stuck here on a purchase

VI-P

For the last few weeks, I've been trynna straddle between the new m50 or just stock up on Sounds and keep it software.

My style of beats are more geared towards dark choir synth and I can actually sample real good(I know m50 doesnt have a simpler, would of just use a host

So basically its M50 vs Omnisphere(my laptop can handle it),Total Workstation 2 and the yamaha kx61.

Ive played with the m50 before, wasnt exactly blown away, but didnt spend time with it like that...

What ya'll think?? Which sound library is better, m50 or the combo of Omnisphere, total workstation 2 and the x facter dvd that comes with the yamaha keyboard?

if your lookin for dark choir synth sounds, go with ombisphere. they got that movie sh!t!

I would get the omnisphere,total workstation 2 and kx61

Omnisphere is cool,has alot of potential for making and tweaking sounds,alot of dark sounds. updates and more sounds coming

I love the total workstation 2,it is a must have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not from me,Im not a fan of boards anymore.

to expensive for low amount of sounds. I like the xs6 tho. But I would take the total workstation bundle from IK over it anyday.

^^^^^

I wouldnt say that. It is possible,The program is definitely not for every one. You cant just make a beat with that program. Omnisphere is really deep. I am discovering new things everyday. It is a great overall program.

i would say keep your money and invest some time in learning how to program synths....

if u need sounds get regular bread and butter instrument sounds...i cant for the life of me figure out why people spend lots of money on synth sounds....if u got it like that...then i understand...but im not the type trying to spend unnecessary money on equipment....i spent too many years indulging in gear lust....lol...

my experience with synths has been twofold...either it's good sounds that u can use...but can be readily made on almost any synth....OR it's some out of this world sound that u would only be able to use on maybe 1% of the tracks that u do...most sounds u use can be made on any synth worth it's salt....

if u need sounds get a sampler and some sample cds....other than that...learn to program....

i can make some pretty alright stuff, but my patience is very low. I once tried to program and 5mins later, I got a headache.
I dont mind presets or even tweaking it a lil.

To vouch for Total Workstation 2 from IK Multimedia: just listen to this super awesome audio demo made with Total Workstation 2 (solely from those products: SampleTank, Sonik Synth 2, SampleTron, SampleMoog and Miroslav Philharmonik) by house music producer - Wolfgang Gartner. Also- this audio demo is copyrighted material, and is not to be distributed or sampled from. Any distribution and unauthorized sampling is punishable by law... and by the gods of karma! :-)

Click here to listen to Total workstation 2 -Wolfgang Gartner Copyrighted material: ik demo final.mp3

Back