Hypersonic, or similar "all in one" vst

R

Ry Legit

I'm hearing that hypersonic 2 doesn't work with 64bit windows vista.

My new computer i will be receiving very soon runs on this very platform.

Is there another package, similar to the wide array of hypersonic 2's sounds?

Let me know what you think can keep up with/sound better than hypersonic 2, and have the widest range of sounds.

Something like sampletank? Sonic synth?

proteus has a free vst that you can check out, not really much on the synth side though. better for pianos sax etc

Check out WoW64 for Vista, apparently it enables you to run 32 bit programs using 64 bit Vista, maybe that would help with running Hypersonic 2. I can't comment though i'm on XP so can't speak from experience. And it depends because generally if you get VSTi's geared towards a certain sound rather than a VSTi that is a bit of everything you'll get much better results, but then space and budget can be a problem..best thing you can do is demo a few VSTi's and see what you think yourself

sampletank is close, would Kontakt 3/Kore count?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kontakt 3 is definently a rompler in its own right these days which is weird seeing as it's also one of the most powerful samplers on the market. Sampletank is actually pretty great but there's this one that was relesed a year ago called VI.ONE. It's huge and great.

However, reFx Nexus with a few expansion pack definently packs the most punch these days in terms of delivering the most usable patches. Hook it up with "Dance Orchestra", the drum pack and the guitar pack and you got a hell of a rompler.

Last edited:
Im not sure if it's compatible with 64bit but if you use Pro tools 8 as your sequencer, the guys who did Hypersonic for steinberg (wizoo) are now with digidesign, they did an rtas plugin called Xpand2 and it uses most of the same sounds Hypersonic2 uses + u get a ton more plugins they designed to go with it (the organ is also very similar to the organ hyper module on hypersonic).

Back