How's Nexus for hip hop beats?

b52ravens

I'm gonna try to experiment with club bangers similar to Timbo and the Neptunes. Is this VST good for that kind of stuff?

I'm gonna try to experiment with club bangers similar to Timbo and the Neptunes. Is this VST good for that kind of stuff?

Nexus is a great VST to have for general purposes. It has damn near everything. I use it more for it's R&B type sounds... the piano on it is ridiculous to me, and most of the sounds are nice and thick.
I don't use the synths on it too much... but from what i've used, u can get that type of feel from them. You can always turn down/off the reverb and delay if it sounds too "80's" for you lol.

You may also want to take a look at a synth like z3ta+, Vanguard, or Sylenth. Those are great for creating those "Timbo/ Neptunes" type sounds also.

You guys a are noobs. Massive is wack ? Learn how to use it !!!
And Nexus ist not a soft Synth. Its a rompler filled with samples that were layered nothing more. You can get those thick sounds layering 3 software synths.

I can cook up some sounds with freeware synths that gonna make Nexus look like a joke.

It's not what you use but HOW you use it

Last edited:
You guys a are noobs. Massive is wack ? Learn how to use it !!!
And Nexus ist not a soft Synth. Its a rompler filled with samples that were layered nothing more. You can get those thick sounds layering 3 software synths.

I can cook up some sounds with freeware synths that gonna make Nexus look like a joke.

It's not what you use but HOW you use it

You are right

If I had to pick between them I would take Massive myself

Nexus has found it's way into many pop urban records. It does have something for every genre pretty much.

But I also stand by Sylenth1 as the best software subtractive synth around. Nexus is just a ROM Synthesiser.

Back