How can I get the T-pain effect with Melodyne?

You can probably get something close, but Melodyne is know for being more realistic sounding than AutoTune. The AutoTune sound comes from when you have the retune speed turned to 0. If that setting is available in Melodyne go for it.

you can probably get something close, but melodyne is know for being more realistic sounding than autotune. The autotune sound comes from when you have the retune speed turned to 0. If that setting is available in melodyne go for it.

yeah i know how to get it with auto-tune
i just cant afford it
i already have melodyne and i thought you
could maybe get it by turning the vibrato all the way down
but it just sounds bad

I don't use melodyne but I saw in a video once a guy mentioned that you 'don't get the T-Pain effect... unless you want it to' and then he adjusted the [pitch?] line where the the waveforms are so it was just a straight line in the centre of the pitch.

PS: Here it is in this video near the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2PLIdzG9c

Last edited:
Let's just be done with the auto tune thing. It's enough already. I understand tho, this is what the sheep want. I think I saw the same video for melodyne so I'm guessing dude is right, it's possible. I'd say seArch utube and google for video tutorials

heyo, is there any plug-ins or generators or for FL8 that can make me add the T-Pain effect in to my vocals?

'let's get back to rap,yall T-paining too much!'...don't mind me,I had just had to get that in there lol

'let's get back to rap,yall T-paining too much!'...don't mind me,I had just had to get that in there lol
As a guy said before, "it's what the sheep want."

And, even though the effect is overused, I have to admit it has it's place. Sometimes it belongs, sometimes it doesn't. Pop music has ruined it.

But really though...When done correctly auto-tune takes a vocal performance to another level....I gotta say T-pain really has a lot of talent..No one can deny dat..He put IT n HIMSELF on the map,he's the reason why every1 is so into auto-tune...I love auto tune...It's basically taking (or already has taken) music to another level...THE FUTURE...No can deny dat...This is the new era of Commercial music.

But really though...When done correctly auto-tune takes a vocal performance to another level....I gotta say T-pain really has a lot of talent..No one can deny dat..He put IT n HIMSELF on the map,he's the reason why every1 is so into auto-tune...I love auto tune...It's basically taking (or already has taken) music to another level...THE FUTURE...No can deny dat...This is the new era of Commercial music.

Very tru...

heyo, is there any plug-ins or generators or for FL8 that can make me add the T-Pain effect in to my vocals?

Yea there is a decent free one called G-Snap or something. Youtube it...nfx from warbeats.com made a tutorial on how to use it properly.

auto tune is ok imo. now the only thing that kills me is when people use it in a non musical way. (Birdman)

Back