Highest Quality Sounds AU for Logic

Seandonjuan

I am using Logic making Hip-Hop instrumentals and I was wondering what are the highest quality AU (apple vsti) sounds and instruments that I can use. I hear all of these record on the radio with high definition sounds and instruments. Does anybody know what they are using? Is it hardware or software? Is it proper mastering? I'm trying to make my harmonies and melodies sound right with the correct sounds. Does anybody have the answer.

Its a combination of all the things you said. A mixture of good hardware, software, and people who know what they're doing in the mixing and mastering stage. As far as software, Nexus, Zebra, Rob Papen VST's, Alchemy, Kontakt Komplete and Hypersonic are some that I use that I can think of off the top of my head that are also definitely used in the industry.

Last edited:
many people are using stock instruments in logic and adding new instruments where they have holes here or there. i think getting a great performance is more important than having the best sounds. If you write a great piano melody with bullshit sounds nobody is going to say damn that piano sounds terrible on radio. How do I know this? Because Soulja Boy made a series of hit songs using FL Studio preset sounds which are notoriously known for being crap.

Back