Halion Instruments

B

buddhacub

Hey gang, I bought halion and need to get a hold of as many instrunments as possible so any suggestions in that department are welcome. My main goal is to compose original peices form start to finish with as real of an instrument sound as possible. Anybody have reason? I need halion to do what the nn19 does. Only better. Thanx.

What kind of instruments do you mean? Stuff like brass and woodwinds?

thanks

thanks for the reply. I need woodwinds, realistic brass , strings and guitars and any weird ethnic instruments I can find.

HALion can read AKAI CD-ROMs

get yourself a few good ones from www.timespace.com

Synclavier strings are excellent
SYmphony of Voices for choirs are amazing (the EEH and boys choirs are stunning)
Miroslav cds are great, although expensive
Peter Sliedzavek (wrong spelling) orchestral CDs are GREAT and cheaper than the Miroslav's.

Hope this helps

you will thank me :) each CD-ROM contains tons of extremely well crafted instruments ready to use... Film composers use those with the parts they dont record with real musicians withou problem

good luck

Thanks again

I am really grateful for the help but I'm not as smart as you give me credit for. So, let me get this straight. If I get these sample cd's load them into my sound banks and hit , Oh let's say, an A flat on my midi keyboard connected to halion, it will play that note in the instrument I have just loaded?

exactly

some instruments may only be mapped on a range of notes (after all a violin can only produce mid and high notes) but yes you press the mapped keys and you can "play" the violin, or horns, or woodwinds, etc.

its the SAME as when you have a piano sound on some keyboards... only there it is BETTER, much better

well depends on the quality of the CD-ROM you get of course

this is why it is WORTH paying even a lot of $$$ sometimes if what you get is a perfect set of strings. If strings are important in your productions, then it is priceless. Will put your work to a whole new level.

same with horns, woodwinds, percussions, piano, etc . anything you can find GOOD AKAI CD-ROMs for.

take care

WOW

Thanks for all the advice. You don't know how much this helps. Are there any specific ones that you suggest?

sure, let me just quote my post above :)

mano 1 said:
HALion can read AKAI CD-ROMs

get yourself a few good ones from www.timespace.com

Synclavier strings are excellent
SYmphony of Voices for choirs are amazing (the EEH and boys choirs are stunning)
Miroslav cds are great, although expensive
Peter Sliedzavek (wrong spelling) orchestral CDs are GREAT and cheaper than the Miroslav's.

Mano, I was looking at the description of symphony of voices and it says that it contains different chords. Is this done for simplicity? Because couldn't you just take the individual notes and put them together to make the chords yourself and then have more options? Or am I missing something here?

there's both on the CDs. There are chords and also individual notes recorded.

SOV is a HUGE box, theres a lot for different situations and needs

good luck

Back