Good, Free, Effects-Oriented Synth

D

DannyGantastic

Does anyone know of a free synth particularly good at creating professional-sounding effects, particularly, one that can create whooshes cleaner and less cheesy than reverse cymbals.

I've worked a lot with SimSynth 1.3, but most of what I've gotten out of it has been unsatisfactory -- Too unclean, too fat, or too simple. Is it the limitations of the program, or is it me?

Thanks for any advice you have.:angel:

Yes. I have.

I have about three dozen free VST synths in my collection now and could easily obtain dozens more, but I simply don't have the time to try every one out there. There's a lot of garbage to sort through, and I was hoping to save myself several weeks' effort by finding out what other people reccommend.

On a slight tangent, what would be a good approach for creating a crash cymbal sound with a standard subtractive synth?

man, it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. you want a vst that is free that is a subtractive synth and that can give you a crash cymbal sound. sounds like you need to start buying some plugins or TAKE THE TIME to sort through the garbage (my advice is not too cause i have been down that road and most likely you wont find anything you will like.) in my opinion the only free vsts that are worthy are by the bigger companies (big tick, massiva, etc etc) and www.audionerdz.com (delay llama). about the crash cymbal sound , im sorry i cant help you out; none of my ddrums are synth created; they are all sampled or played live. best of luck

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll be glad with any synth particularly good at build-up effects, but if my inability to create them is due more to my inability to use any old analog-simulating subtractive synth, then I'd like to know that fact.

I simply don't know what other people use to create these effects.

In any case, thanks for the tips!

I have a few free VST synths that I use. I would recommend Crystal for ambience building pads. It is good for motion set ups.

Back