Good 808's

The gold baby 808s are good I use them. I prefer the kicks I make from scratch though.
<style>.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; z-index: 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}</style>

+1 for goldbaby drums. check out the 909s too. They ran the samples through tape machines the sound is pretty thick

To this day I feel FL Studio's "vintage kit" has the best 808 sounds ever. You can download the demo, install and just take out all the drums for your own use in whatever program you choose. People talk junk, but FL has some sick kits in general.

I sample AudioRealism Drum Machine with my MPC, usually layering the 808 and 909 to get a thick, heavy kick. I eq out the low end of the 909 so there isn't any interference.
Still, a real 808 would be better.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Check out these 808s. This library was sampled from a machine that was modified with BassDrum pitch and sustain controls to give you the ability to create way better sounding pitched 808 basslines. Also some real sweet analog distortion and saturation samples included in this pack.

Heavy Weight 808 Drums

Since 808s aren't real drums they can only be synthesized.
Synthesis can make real drums & fake ones.

But using samplepacks for real drums makes more sense than trying to synthesize them.

Since 808s aren't real drums they can only be synthesized.
Synthesis can make real drums & fake ones.

But using samplepacks for real drums makes more sense than trying to synthesize them.

Yeah that's right and get this, I would actually trigger a Roland SH-2 sub bass patch from a TR-808 trigger out rather than use the actual bass drum from the TR-808 itself because I could quite simply do more with the SH-2, for example you can't change the pitch of the bass drum on standard TR-808 whereas you can do all that with the SH-2, mind you most of the cats making Bass music at that time were using everything from samples to digital keyboards for the sub bass, in fact cats would advertise the fact that their bass was digital.....so to me it's kind of funny how some people wish they had a real TR-808 just like the cats who were using everything from an SH-2 to the S950 test tone for sub bass but not an actual TR-808.

Last edited:
Back