Free Plugin Search

Lacey J Hayward

Hello everyone, my name is Lacey, I am new here and new to producing, though not new to basic music making with loops. Due to lack of resources, I am choosing to use only free programs, my DAW of choice is Cakewalk, it seemed to be the best free option out there, as its fully featured and comparable to Ableton, and Cubase, etc:

So I am looking for a comprehensive list of VST developers that also produce good free plugins and instruments.

Something I am looking for in particular is something similar to Captian Chords, I need something like this to save time as I am composing, because I do not have a Midi Controller, and even if I did, I do not know anything about playing the piano, and also I do not know much about chords, and also composing note for note is just too time consuming, and I get very board very easily when I try. So I need something similar to captian chords, of to compare like band in a box, that will allow me to choose my instruments, music style, chords, tempo and bpm. And oh they got to be 64 bit.

I am stressing the word FREE here, not only because I am on a fixed income, but because once I get good at this, I am going to start a YouTube Channel, showcasing all the free resources I am using, its going to be my sub-niche in the Producing Niche.

I look forward to learning from and sharing experiences with you guys (or gals lol)

Lacey

Thanks, I found some plugins, though they were not specific as to whether they can be used without a midi or not, but Ill try a couple of them out.

Does anyone know anything about ChordSpace, and ChordIt? they are free, but is i t Midi input only or does it have click and drag and drop features?

Pretty much everything works via MIDI, which is probably why it hasn't been explicitly specified. I've used ChordSpace wayyy back in the day (it's at least 13 years old), and am pretty sure it just generates chords from single-key MIDI input. I'm not sure what you mean by "without a midi" though - everything can be used by inserting MIDI notes on a DAW's piano roll (or equivalent), so if you're asking whether or not plugin X needs an actual MIDI keyboard or other physical input device, the answer is no, none of them do.

Back