Eastwest Soundz

ezmacc

Has anyone had a chance to play with any of the eastwest vst instruments? I have been watching some videos of the different versions and the sound quality sounds amazing. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if any of them are worth the money.

The sound quality is definitely good but you got to have deep pockets to **** with east west. I got Goliath when they were selling it for $200 and the sounds are great. It doesn't come with a ****load of patches like sampletank, but unlike sampletank the samples are much more detailed and sound more realistic. At the end of the day however its all about what you can do with the sounds and whether or not they fit with the music your trying to play.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've played around w/ EastWest RA and Quantum Leap Gold... and the sounds are very rich and real. They sound like they were very very well recorded.
But at the end of the day... you have to know how to play them realistically for them to sound realistic.
You can get the same great sound out of other less expensive software if you know what you're doing.

This is a case of knowledge > software

i got
nexus2.+xspansion vst
fruityloops7 vst
sampletank vst
soniksynth 2 vst
korg legacy vst
fruity loops 9 vst
vanguard vst
mpc drum pack .wav
yamaha motif .wav
korg triton.wav
rolandxfantom.wav
guru drum .wav
big fish audio.wav

ill trade these vst for sampla,play,and aggro electro
<!-- / message --><!-- LAST LINE OF POST (buttons, time, etc) -->

Has anyone had a chance to play with any of the eastwest vst instruments? I have been watching some videos of the different versions and the sound quality sounds amazing. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if any of them are worth the money.

Yes, every penny! I highly recommend them. I've been using EWQL samples for years. I've tried a bunch of cheaper orchestral and piano sample sets and EWQL is what I find myself always going back to because they sound the most realistic. They are also very easy to use unlike many of the other sets.

I recently upgraded to EWQL's Platinum Complete Plus Orchestra set and EWQL's Pianos using the new 64-bit "Play" engine. The sound is crazy amazing and the "feel" of the Piano's are flawless as is the sound. I can't stress enough the detail on the pianos... It's hands down the best virtual piano I ever played. I've played a few major one's including Ivory, The Grand, The Grand 2, and recently PianoTeq 3. Ivory is very good, but I prefer the EWQL sampled sound... Whatever sample technique they use it's definitely the best out there... to my ear anyway...

If you decide to make the plunge just make sure your PC can handle it. My PC is rather old and still can manage to get things done...

Back