Where you get your drum kits from?

TRVPKING

Last edited:
I make most of my kicks with Serum. the rest are just samples I got from everywhere.

I would recommend Vengence though as their sounds are mix ready and processed. I may seem 2012ish when saying they rock but they still do

My kits are layered up using a mixture of sounds from NI kits, sampled vinyl and my Korg ER-1 which I've sampled a fair bit.

I have about 5 kits that I use regularly; 2 of those I use a lot.

I used to go online and find all these "drum kits" like everybody does when they start out you know? Like the "Dre" kit ect... I had like gigs of these kits but to tell you the truth I ain't need all that, something Deranged said way back that I remember was use the stock drums and tweak em, eq em, compress em, however you wanna do it make em yours... Now a days I use reason and for the most part the samples that come with reason are enough... That's not always the case but for the most part the stock drums aren't bad quality its just to get them where you want em to be just gotta tweak that shit!

I have to add buy new drum kits for inspiration not because you think you have to have them to sound like whoever, cuz even if you buy the kit but don't know how to freak em it won't matter...

or record you own... haha, grab a mic and a drum set and make some (and sell it).

Definatly! For real, recording your own drums mean nobody else got what you got!

I was just tryna make the point work with what you got at least at the beginning...
It might be harder to take stock reason or fl or whatever drums and make them into something
But then they are yours and whatever you did to make them the way you did the end product is
a. your own unique sound and b. a process in which you learn what you did and what you can do...
And become a better producer in the process...

Hey BBB,
I'm new to this and wanted to know if the Vinyl Drum Library comes as loops I need to chop myself or does it come chopped up ready to load up and allocate to the pads on my Maschine?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a sound designer, so I make most of the kits I use these days. But I've been collecting kits for almost 25 years. I have an entire hard drive dedicated to drums samples, although I've pretty selective about the kits I use these days. I have a bunch of custom kits that I give out for free if anyone is interested.

Back