Disabling Velocity in Reason

younggunz

Can some one tell me how to disable the Velocity feature in Reason? Like everytime you hit a note on the keyboard all the velocity sounds the same no matter how hard or soft you hit the keys.

I don't think theres any velocity settings on Reason.

It has to be adjusted via your Midi Controller / Keyboard.

Theres no settings in my Midi Controller, Like in FL Studio i disabled it from the midi settings within the actual Synthesizer

Yes with FL you can.... however with standard controlling VST's, other Music softare like Reason you need ot.What midi controller do you have?. Most controllers these days have velocity settings adjustable.You might have to consult your manual if you havent done so.

Yup, you either have to do it manually and just set everything yourself, which is actually quite easy, just zoom out and do it with the mouse, and you can do each track in a second. Or set your controller up to play full velocity if it has that option. Both work, there is no setting in reason as said.

younggunz said:
I have a Korg K49 and theres no setting on here that controls velocity,But Ima look at my Manual Tonight

You can set the velocity curve of the controller to "Constant" - it then only sends out a fixed velocity value.

Your not listening dude.

Every midi controller has a velocity switch... unless your cntroller is a piece of **** lol.

Look at the keys carefully.. is there anything noted with 'velocity' on it?.

YOO to change the velocity settings on your k-series controller you have to open up the k-series editor, at the top of the box is where the settings for velocity curve are, you can choose between light standard heavy or constant. You can also change the transpose in the editor.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALIASTrP said:
YOO to change the velocity settings on your k-series controller you have to open up the k-series editor, at the top of the box is where the settings for velocity curve are, you can choose between light standard heavy or constant. You can also change the transpose in the editor.

Damn daw I love you,No Homo of course.

As Long As I Had the Midi Controller I never used that App

Thx Alot

Last edited:
FYI - the velocity does work in Reason... It does matter how hard and how soft you hit your keys - you can change the levels of the velocity on the sequencer... Just load up the line tool and drag it all the way across - just make sure the line is flat and this should ensure that they are all the same velocity... You want less? Highlight them all with the mouse, right click one of the notes, choose change events. In the events pop up - scale the velocity either up or down depending on what you want to do with it...

all these are good options, and you might need them for some of the machines in Reason. but I know that on the NN19 you can set the velocity to be constant. The term on the NN19 isn't "velocity" though, it's something else (can't remember right now). but there's no editing Midi notes, no messing with the keyboard. I think the NNXT has this option too.

On the subtractor and malstrom though, I'm not sure, so check. If there's no option, you might need to edit the midi notes or whatever.

eRiCz said:
I don't think theres any velocity settings on Reason.

It has to be adjusted via your Midi Controller / Keyboard.

Nah there is.

For Subtractor - Check the bottom right section "Velocity" .. adjust the amp positive or negative for the desired results. With the Amp Ext Mod and Amp Vel Amout set to 0 it's pretty much disabled so that every key is the same velocity.

For Malstrom - Top left section on the right beside polyphony and portamento is the velocity section for that synth

NN-19 - Left side about middle region "Controler" and very bottom left side beside the mod wheel "Velocity"

NN-XT - Left side middle section in the remote editor under Modulation is "Velocity"

Dr. Rex - Bottom left side to the right of the mod wheel "Velocity"

ReDrum - You can just use the Dynamic switch under channel 9 and leave it at the same dynamic for the same velocity for all sounds.

Hope that helps ;)

Back