Cupwise Nebula release- Nolard Spring Reverb & Tape Delay FX

cupwise

The spring reverb in this set is very thick and sounds great if you're after that type of sound . Adjustable 'tilt' style EQ and a control to adjust length/fadeout both make it unique in the Nebula world also. As far as I know, this is by far the most 'sculptable' (did i just make up a word?) reverb for Nebula yet. You can really shape the sound to suit your mix. Adjust the EQ towards 'bassy' gives you a HUGE sound (check the demo programs and see for yourself). I've also further refined my system of providing various quality options with this release. One problem with nebula reverbs has always been CPU use, but here, the 'lite' programs allow you to run several in your DAW at once, if your CPU is even 'fairly' modern. That means you can adjust the controls (EQ, length/fade, feedback) on all of them to suit the context of your mix perfectly. Then when you want to render, just switch the programs over to a higher quality level (I give a tip for a relatively painless way of doing this in the manual, which you can look at from the site). The full length goes up to 10 seconds, but there are also 5 second programs provided as yet another way of minimizing CPU use according to your needs. Then there is the tape delay. You have 20 selectable delay effects to choose from, all within the same program. They sound different because they used different tape speeds and EQ settings. 1-10 are single tap echos which were sampled using one playback head on the hardware, and they each add about 30ms to the delay time as you go up through them. 11-16 used 2 playback heads on the unit, for a double-tap echo, and 17 and 18 used all 3 heads for triple-tap echo. 19 and 20 are special ones I made by reversing the impulses from 2 of the single-tap ones, and with some audio going in, they give you an effect kind of like a quick reverse reverb leading into the sound. You can use a quick single tap to get some really awesome vocal (or whatever) doubling effects, or a slower one with feedback to get endless, mutating repeating echo effects! The feedback control can give you some pretty awesome results, if you take the time to tune it just right (you could also automate it). The faster multi-tap echos can give you something almost like a reverb, with feedback applied. Anyway this is probably my favorite of my releases in a while. Check out the demo program and read the text with it to see what that limitations with it are. I think the demos still sound pretty great, but the full versions are much more authentic. The higher quality reverb and delay programs in the full set have pretty high sample counts, which is due to the complexity of their design, and where their more lively sound comes from. The demo programs have very few samples.. but still sound pretty good! check out the set here! Audio demo clips are not up yet, but I am working on getting them up within a few hours... but really the demo programs are the best way to check this stuff out.

Back