Buzz problem

D

DJ Marc

Hi

I downloaded the Buzz program, and installed the update too.
I also downloaded a couple of machines, including the PSI Corps 2 drum machine.
But whenever i insert the drum machine, and try to select a wave, Buzz gives me a fatal error in Buzz.exe.
I already tryed uninstalling and installing, but it keeps doing it.
Any suggestions how to fix it?

And if not, maybe any advice on similar programs i could get?

Thanks

Yes I'm here, just saw the post.

Well, Dj Marc, I don't understand what you mean, since PSI corps drummer uses so called "Drumkits" wich are several waves put together in one file, It shouldn't be possible to load waves into the machine. How on earth did you do it?

Anyway. PsiDrums2 sucks. Bigtime.

Istead use such simple things as a PRO Sampler or WhiteNoise Drummer3 (You can get them from buzztrack).

People of buzztrack seems to have this problem: The bigger the better. With a PSIdrum, you can have f.i. 1000 different hi-hat sounds. WOWOW!!
BUT: this takes up heck of alot CPU and memory, you wont ever be able to find the sound you need and the PSIdrum2 is not the most stable thing you can come across.
Also if you have a set of 1000 hihats, you'll have to make room for another PSIdrum2 to make the other sounds. You can only import ONE kit at a time.

I always use either a Whitenoise Drummer 3 or a Pro 4 sampler for drums.

Specs:

Pro 4:
The most easy. Simply load your drumsamples into the wavetable. You can import stereo waves by rigthclicking on the Pro 4 in the Machine Editor (F3).
Create more tracks in the Pattern Editor (Enter or F2).
Make:
One track for Basedrums.
One track for Closed Hi-Hat sounds.
One for Open HH sounds.
Other tracks could be used for Rev-Cymbals, Rimshots and further on.
The easy part about the Pro 4 is that you just select the desired wave at the top op your screen and use your Computer-Keyboard (not your synth, he) to type in the Drumsounds at the desired places.
For the correct playback, simply press "Z" (on my K.B. anyway). If you wish, you can make easy Pitch-Shift by choosing other keys, this could make your basedrum Deeper or higher.
The Pro 4 also have some cool effect wich can be usegfull.

The Whitenoise Drummer 3:
Not as easy but rather cool. Uses waves from the wavetable.

You can create several tracks also with this sampler. You'll have to specify wich sample (nr) you want to use for each track, by finding the place "WaveSample" (or something) in the Pattern Editor.

The cool part: Every track can have it's own unique Panning (Place in the Stereo spectrum).
The downside:
The W.D.3. uses "Triggers" instead of notes (1 = on , 0 = off). If you want to change the pitch you have to use the "Strech" function, Not cool. Also you won't be able to hear the actual sound before you play a pattern in the sequence editor.
Normally I use this mashine only for HiHats and the likes if I want to create panning.

This is what I could come up with freehand. If I think of something else, I'll post a new reply so that you'll be notified.
More questions? Just post em!

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 09-25-2000 at 09:35 AM]

Other usefull things about making drums:

I often use the Rout808 for hihats, claps and sometimes snares. It has som good sounds.

How to get other samples: Sometimes you listen to a tune (Trance the most for this) and you can hear only a hihat and a basedrum. This is great since you now can use a sound used by professional artists. Simply get a waveeditor and cut it out.
I always filter it so that it doesn't sound exately the same, then no copyrigth is broken. (I'm not sure if it is anyway, but I don't like doing it if I haven't altered the sound.)

Also: Bandpassfilters and EQ can really come in handy here.
You can use Bandpass to apply higher frequencys or sweeps on your hihats. A Jeskola EQ3 also can work as a cutoff filter + a basswoofer / highend woofer.

Thanks very much DJ Chriss.
I am getting the hang of Buzz now.
Works much better then all the other programs i got.

As for the waves, i guess i meant drum kits :P

Thanks again.

I have alot of drumsamples and ones we get a download center here, I'll throw some up.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding to Buzz. It is a great program, but getting a nice sound is difficult.

Hello Everyone!

Tize

We're Soundware Inc., a dynamic music-tech company based in the Bay Area, CA, fueled by a passionate team of musicians and audio engineers. We specialize in crafting VST plugins like Octane and Tize. We're excited to join this community and as a warm welcome, we're thrilled to announce that we've made two of our VSTs—Tize and VYBE—available for free. Feel free to download them here and start creating! We look forward to your feedback and can't wait to see what you create.

Vybe

More info on Tize and Vybe: https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2024/04/02/tize-rompler/

Soundware Website Here: https://soundware.io/

Back