Brass section soundfonts? Free *QUALITY* Brass Vsts? C'mon!

G

GimpSpack

Okay, so besides the Bolland Brass Section soundfont, every other brass section sf sucks relentlessly. Same with a lot of these free Brass/orchestral vsts. Most of the time, the quality sucks or they don't sound like the actual instrument at all.

All this leads to the following question:

Do any of you know where to find GOOD Brass vsts/soundfonts? BTW, I have Edirol Orchestra and the brass is great, but I would perfer soundfonts or vsts that are easier to work with.

I haven't used soundfonts for ages. Let me know if you come by anything decent. I always like to expand my brass section collection. My motif has some nice brass section sounds though :)

Brass VSTs...

1. CH Horns
2. First call Horns
3. Arturia Brass
4. Brit Horns (if you can find it)

I'm sure there are more. But, these are very good.

Brass VSTs...

1. CH Horns
2. First call Horns
3. Arturia Brass
4. Brit Horns (if you can find it)

I'm sure there are more. But, these are very good.

Hey thanks for the list. Tried to find em, but all I could locate and download was Arturia Brass, and that needed some "Syncrosoft" software or something I didnt feel like installing (I'm paranoid).

Anyone else have the hooks or suggestions?

lol @ gimpspack bootlegging everything. If you have the proper Syncrosoft device that comes with the product you would know that your are installing a driver to enable you to use the software.

You probably have a cracked driver.

Hey thanks for the list. Tried to find em, but all I could locate and download was Arturia Brass, and that needed some "Syncrosoft" software or something I didnt feel like installing (I'm paranoid).

Anyone else have the hooks or suggestions?

CH horns = Chris Hein horns. They are not sound fonts and they sound hella good.

First Call horns is by Big Fish( I think). They sounds just about as good as Chris hein.

Arturia is not up to par with the above mentioned (and more expensive) Horn VSTs. It really depends on how important acoustic horns are to you. CH Horns is like 300-400. First call Horns is about 250.00 and is a fair price for what it has to offer.

Mind you, these are horn sections that are good for pop and RnB. Fir orchestral stuff, I'm not sure.

I like the horns in Reason. Co-Sign the Brit Horns refill too. Also AMG's Kick Ass Brass is pretty good. None of them are free though. You know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1051.html

Last edited by a moderator:
get a free vsti called tps module. And the urban arsenal pack for kore has a good brass

Last edited:
Back