Best Vst's of 2011-2012 (instruments & effects)

TAGG Productions

Im going to be investing in more software very soon and i wanna know what the best vst's of 2011-2012. price is no object, im looking for some awesome effects and vsti instruments too so please list off the best for me.

Last edited:
Ill agree that sylenth is pretty much great for everything. Its drum settings arent really super punchy, but theyll work if you need them to, and if you know what youre doing in the filter/automation section, you can pretty much get any sound you want from it. I vote for sylenth. native instruments has some powerful tools, but its not really super intuitive, good sounds, just not the best interface.
I use sylenth at least once in all of my songs, sometimes I use it for everything, it really excels in leads though

EDIT: The track in my signature, for example, is 100% sylenth, even the drums

Last edited:
For plug-in effects, the ones recently that have been the most exciting for me:

Vladge Molot compressor
Variety of Sound ThrillseekerLA
IK Multimedia T-Racks Delux with the new LA2A and 1176 emulations

Those three (IK is a suite actually) have gotten me more juiced in the past year than anything else I think.

UAD, Softube, IK Multimedia T-Racks, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Lexicon, Slate Digital, D16 Group and Massey Plugs are tried and true FX.

Nexus, Massive, Discovery Pro, kHs ONE, Twin2, Analog Factory, Tassman, Ultra Analog, Albino, Blue, Predator, Northmood, Omnisphere, Trillian, and Superwave Bundle. All great plugins and nothing is going to replace them anytime soon.

The best plugins of 2012 are pretty much standard for several years. Softube, Soundtoys, IK and Slate Digital are doing the most exciting new stuff.

Last edited:
also make sure to check out my compressor :)

i wouldn't call it best of 2012, but a german music mag called it the best free compressor 2012 just a few weeks ago.. . TDR Feedback Compressor | Tokyo Dawn Records

Just to piggyback here. You're not even tooting your own horn. It's a damn good compressor, and does the job very well.

I use at least 1-2 instances of it in most of my new tracks now. I find it especially useful for me on vocal bus, if the comped vocals are too dynamic overall, it really meshes the lows w/ the highs well without losing the original feel and flavor, or crushing the hell out of it. Very nice and noticeable. My own vocals tend to compete too much w/ the beat, b/c of my voice's frequency... and I like using this compressor to help get some separation.

Not sure if i'm using it "correctly" in that regard lol, or if u meant it for vox busses... but it sure does work for me on a lot of my tracks. I haven't tried using it on many other things yet...since I moreso use my EQ on instruments, rather than the compressors.

Last edited:
I use T-Racks on a ton of things. The Black 76 goes on EVERY drum buss for me, especially for parallel compression. Just grabs transients in a way that sounds amazing.

i wouldn't call it best of 2012, but a german music mag called it the best free compressor 2012 just a few weeks ago.. . TDR Feedback Compressor | Tokyo Dawn Records

Props on the website looking into your plugin. I downloaded it some weeks ago but didn't have time to experiment with. However, now I have free time, and I'm gonna run some drums through it to see how it comes out.

you made that? props ill check it out

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-30-2012 at 08:14 PM ----------

Everyone lovin on them T-racks, never used them, have to check them out

Sub on Youtube 4 Beat Contest, Tutorials & Hit Radio Beats
TAGG's 2012

you made that? props ill check it out

---------- Post added 06-05-2012 at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-30-2012 at 08:14 PM ----------

Everyone lovin on them T-racks, never used them, have to check them out

Sub on Youtube 4 Beat Contest, Tutorials & Hit Radio Beats
TAGG's 2012

Yeah man T Racks is ill. I think over all though it really depends on what you want. I think these days best is subjective especially when cats are still making amazing records on Motifs. Keep in mind that software was doing what a Motif does now 10 years ago. Use what you like use what is comfortable to you. Better/worse is super subjective.

Back