Best Softsynth under $200?

W

wiseguyzent

Looking to purchase a softsynth farely soon..I am hearing good things about KORE 2 probably going to go with that...

Any suggestions that might compare to KORE 2 for the price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Download the free Kore player.
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=koreline&L=1

Free, advanced instrument with access to the best NI sounds

KORE PLAYER is a free software instrument with a production-ready 300 MB sound library. Built on the same principles as KORE 2, the Next-Generation Workstation, KORE PLAYER includes six Native Instruments sound engines under the hood and provides ready-to-play sounds that can be browsed and tweaked via the ultra-intuitive KORE PLAYER interface. Adding new sounds is as easy as purchasing and downloading affordable KORE SOUNDPACKS.

KORE PLAYER brings world-class Native Instruments sound within the reach of any musician or producer and can be used stand-alone or within your favorite sequencer/DAW as a VST®, Audio Units™ or RTAS® plug-in.

Angular Momentum's synths are pretty good indeed.

As for commercial stuff - U-he Zebra 2 & Lennar Digital Sylenth1 are my personal favourites.

Lennar Digital Sylenth1 is what I like but the others are good too

I would recommend Arturia Moog Modular V. Its gonna run you about $200, but its a completely open ended synth (modular), and you can get a hell of a lot of different sounds out of it.

Or get Rob Papen's Predator. Thats another great softsynth.

sylenth has a group special going on right now and it's 70 pounds...not sure about the conversion to usd....

i was thinking about getting it but i just bought massive for $99(guitar center)...so my gear lust has been satisfied this month....lol...

(check the music stores...a lot of the NI stuff is on sale if it hasnt been bought by the holiday crowd)

id look for free ones their so so many and most of them are great. i will never ever pay for a soft synth again in my life

Back