Best Rap VTS's

TristanS

All I want is a MiKo
Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong section. i never seem to be confident in where I post here, the layout doesnt make all that much sense but ill get used it.

I always make dance songs and I thought I might give rap songs a go. And when I say rap, I don't mean vintage sampling and that stuff. I mean, mainstream, played out, rap, with cool melodies that are more upbeat. I.E arab money - busta rhymes, anything by dj khaled. thats the best way i can describe it really.

I toy around with Massive, Absynth, and Vengeance dance packs right now. I was wondering if you guys could suggest some cool vst's for mainstream rap. Thanks:monkey:

there really isn't a "rap" vst but hypersonic has a wide variety of sounds you might use for hip hop tracks.

bt really you can use whatever.. its not what you use, but how you use it..

cubase has Halion player which has alot of different soundsets....and even one soundset that is similar to the the motif as yamaha now owns Cubase 5...since version 4

see thread 4 to 5 threads below, unless rap doesn't=hip-hop...last time i checked, they were the same thing...did u look in that thread..

HalionOne is about as far from a Motif as you can possibly get. I have both and I was frankly shocked that Steinberg bothered to include something that was obviously of the poorest quality in Cubase 4. The way this confusion got started was that Steinberg made some purposely misleading statements on their website about HalionOne using "waveforms" or something from the Motif. That was enough of a spark to get a story going that would change a little each time it got retold. But the truth is, HalionOne is generally a piece of junk that I wouldn't buy for $30.00.

Actually, Hypersonic is much closer to a keyboard workstation in the way it works. I think it's the closest thing I've ever seen to a workstation like a Motif. It's really very powerful as a synth, but comes up short with it's traditional instruments. It's one of the instruments I use quite often because it's so convenient to use, but I do wish the traditional instruments were more serious.

Last edited:
I heard Sonivox has released Playa which is a hip hop VST... Were they trying to actually create the beetmaker vst? I surely hope not because the video from namm gave me a really poor impression. I can't wait to hear Trillian in action.

bluchippa5 said:
see thread 4 to 5 threads below, unless rap doesn't=hip-hop...last time i checked, they were the same thing...did u look in that thread..
haha nah i didnt mean they were different, i just meant to say there isnt a "rap/hip-hop" vst.. well besides playa but from what i hear that vst isnt at all what its hyped up to be.

Last edited:
Back