Anybody know a VST that has a soul feel to it?

GuestUser-

Just want a VST that can provide a nice soul/jazzy feel to it. Something soothing. I listened to 70's soul so something like that.

Last edited:
Just want a VST that can provide a nice soul/jazzy feel to it. Something soothing. I listened to 70's soul so something like that.
check out bigfishaudio.com They have some kontakt libraries that have what your looking for. I forget the name of the library but i know for sure they have one. The only thing is its not a standalone VST plugin, You will need kontakt to use the library. Im not sure what version of kontakt each library is different, some might use the free player version.

Last edited:
I'm not very convinced that there's a particular library that sounds "soulful" by itself - that kinda has to do with how you play it.

You might check out these and find one that sounds nice:
Top Rated Kontakt Libraries

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

"vst with soul" :pointing: lol

my thoughts exactly - a vst can't have soul, the player has that and the instrument(s) they use are simply an expression of that soul

now if you had asked which vst's could I use to create a believable soul sound that is another story entirely

any of the scarbee vintage electric pianos and machines (clavinet, etc)

any of the scarbee bass libraries

maybe scarbee funk guitarist

Session strings

session horns

Abbey road Drums and Drummers 60's and 70's libraries

i.e. get the Komplete library for kontakt and explore

I think what he meant to say is "what VSTS are good for creating vintage/soul music like from the 70s"... Obviously VST instruments have no soul, its all about the player putting his own soulfulness into the music/instruments hes playing.

I think hes looking for that type of sound and not looking for a VST to automatically give him soul, lol that's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think what he meant to say is "what VSTS are good for creating vintage/soul music like from the 70s"... Obviously VST instruments have no soul, its all about the player putting his own soulfulness into the music/instruments hes playing.

Even then, though, the answer is the same:

Just think of an instrument that existed in the 70s,
and use a plugin or library that emulates that instrument.

If you want to get a "lo-fi recording" sound, just apply a low-pass filter.
Throw a small amount of harmonic distortion in (tools to do this come included in every DAW I'm aware of).
Maybe narrow up the stereo field too.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

Last edited:
my thoughts exactly - a vst can't have soul, the player has that and the instrument(s) they use are simply an expression of that soul

now if you had asked which vst's could I use to create a believable soul sound that is another story entirely

any of the scarbee vintage electric pianos and machines (clavinet, etc)

any of the scarbee bass libraries

maybe scarbee funk guitarist

Session strings

session horns

Abbey road Drums and Drummers 60's and 70's libraries

i.e. get the Komplete library for kontakt and explore
That's basically what I meant.. VST that has soul sounds (insturments that can help give me a soul sound) Thanks for the recommendations

Even then, though, the answer is the same:

Just think of an instrument that existed in the 70s,
and use a plugin or library that emulates that instrument.

If you want to get a "lo-fi recording" sound, just apply a low-pass filter.
Throw a small amount of harmonic distortion in (tools to do this come included in every DAW I'm aware of).
Maybe narrow up the stereo field too.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu
Yeah of course you could process an instrument to give it that sound. I think dude just wanted a library of sounds that are ready to go.

Last edited:
Back