Anybody got Spectrasonics Stylus RMX?

dmensah1

Since theres no demo for it, I wanted to see who was using it and maybe even hear some songs you made with it. I have a few questions:

1. is it worth the pricetag, especially for r&b/neosoul/hiphop?
2. I see it says it has construction kits. Is it like how with acid/wav kits where you can pick and choose parts of the looped groove you want to play, like say just the Kickdrum part?

thanks!

You can read this article about it.
http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=wqghpr#/page22/

1. Depends...it doesn't have a whole lot of generic sounding R&B drum kits. The drum sounds are distictive with a vinyl edge to them. The trick is to load Stylus RMX with additioanl sample libraries like a NEO SOUL product from Big Fish Audio. That would be the shortest distance between the two points.

2 Yes, it does have construction kits with isolated drum tracks. But still- see #1.

dmensah1 said:
Since theres no demo for it, I wanted to see who was using it and maybe even hear some songs you made with it. I have a few questions:

1. is it worth the pricetag, especially for r&b/neosoul/hiphop?
2. I see it says it has construction kits. Is it like how with acid/wav kits where you can pick and choose parts of the looped groove you want to play, like say just the Kickdrum part?

thanks!

Peace Dmensah, my boy was wondering it also. Well I have RMX the new version that will link up with Omnisphere and synch tempos easy! Yes it's worth to get. Oh I have all the tutorials on RMX do you need me to put one on YOUTUBE? I will put up one tomorrow or a couple, I have to many to try and put them all up there. So I will do that for you.

As a matter of fact I was just in it and will be getting back in the studio with it. Let me explain.

Ok, mines came with 5 cd for free, Back Beat, Metamorphis, funk beats, etc. Now you meantioned r&b/neosoul/hiphop, now the drum loops are not conventional r&b/neosoul/hiphop, a lot of jazz cats, rock may love the loops. Now the drum kits are ferocious! I mean if you need live drums, you can get one of them as a one shot and put effects on it from RMX which are hot! Put them on it and you can hear it, and rock like that.

Now I use the one shots, record them in Protools, then bounce them as wav so I can put them in the MPC and it sounds incredible. then I can make my own conventional loops whether it's r&b/neosoul/hiphop. Now check out the beautiful thing it does, you can import your loops into RMX, using the new SAGE CONVERTOR and it will show up in RMX and loop perfectly. So basically I use their drums and make my own loops and bammmmmmm! it's over. I did use a loop just for fun to let my boy hear how hot the drums are with their loop. So I will put that up tomorrow around 4pm so check back, it's a little wack track I put together as a sample. You can go to my myspace page and see the track I did with Omni and RMX combined. It's the Omni test track, but it's goign to be sold. I did that the same day I got it then when I got Omni I put the rest to it which was like a week later.

I say get it, you won't go wrong. Oh make sure your computer spec requirments are right for it. Oh and here is a slick way to get it wiithout paying full price. go to www.americanmusicsupply.com and it's $379.99 with 3 easy payments of $126.33 for three months so you will have it and pay the next two payments and it won't break you. All you need is a credit card and you are in there like swim wear!

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
Peace Dmensah, my boy was wondering it also. Well I have RMX the new version that will link up with Omnisphere and synch tempos easy! Yes it's worth to get. Oh I have all the tutorials on RMX do you need me to put one on YOUTUBE? I will put up one tomorrow or a couple, I have to many to try and put them all up there. So I will do that for you.

As a matter of fact I was just in it and will be getting back in the studio with it. Let me explain.

Ok, mines came with 5 cd for free, Back Beat, Metamorphis, funk beats, etc. Now you meantioned r&b/neosoul/hiphop, now the drum loops are not conventional r&b/neosoul/hiphop, a lot of jazz cats, rock may love the loops. Now the drum kits are ferocious! I mean if you need live drums, you can get one of them as a one shot and put effects on it from RMX which are hot! Put them on it and you can hear it, and rock like that.

Now I use the one shots, record them in Protools, then bounce them as wav so I can put them in the MPC and it sounds incredible. then I can make my own conventional loops whether it's r&b/neosoul/hiphop. Now check out the beautiful thing it does, you can import your loops into RMX, using the new SAGE CONVERTOR and it will show up in RMX and loop perfectly. So basically I use their drums and make my own loops and bammmmmmm! it's over. I did use a loop just for fun to let my boy hear how hot the drums are with their loop. So I will put that up tomorrow around 4pm so check back, it's a little wack track I put together as a sample. You can go to my myspace page and see the track I did with Omni and RMX combined. It's the Omni test track, but it's goign to be sold. I did that the same day I got it then when I got Omni I put the rest to it which was like a week later.

I say get it, you won't go wrong. Oh make sure your computer spec requirments are right for it. Oh and here is a slick way to get it wiithout paying full price. go to www.americanmusicsupply.com and it's $379.99 with 3 easy payments of $126.33 for three months so you will have it and pay the next two payments and it won't break you. All you need is a credit card and you are in there like swim wear!

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

like swimwear my dude! good looks on that tip Danoc.

Back