announced: Arturia Prophet V

THM

Well if Arturia goes further on its excellent HQ range of vintage synths emulations, then we can expect another great VSTi - derived from the legendary Sequential Circuits Prophet-5.

attachment6bo.jpg

See:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1079

Well, at least it won't be too hard to top NI's aging Pro-53 (which is still a rather nice synth but sounds nothing like a Prophet-5)...

I just wish the big manufacturers would start doing something new and interesting instead of making so-so replicas of old stuff.

krushing said:

I just wish the big manufacturers would start doing something new and interesting instead of making so-so replicas of old stuff.

i agree! all these re-makes dont really interest me at all. cept for oddity... but that was also a different price tag, and a different synth....

but if these guys are so good at makin this stuff, why dont they let someone work on somethin 'new' in the back room or something....?

but then again, these emus are selling pretty good huh? no reason to stop THAT...haha.

peace.

The thing is that all arturias synths sound alike, i hope that won't be the case with the prophet.

true that they do sound similar. I do like the moog series though.

I think arturia should put more work in on storm and create a soft studio that would be able to compete with reason.

Back