Sampling and Maschine

DJ Idol

DJ-Idol.Com
Ok guys, I need some help/tips/tricks/advice/godly powers. I've had this Maschine since last Friday, I've worked with it every day for at least 4-5 hours a day, and haven't made one nice beat yet, NOT ONE. I'm so confused as to how people sync their samples with the beat, how to know what tempo to set the track to so that it syncs with the beat, etc. etc. It's driving me crazy, I feel like throwing this thing out of the ****ing window really...I've looked through YouTube, read on this and other forums, etc. etc. But I still can't figure it out, maybe it's the lack of a time-stretch function that's giving me problems? I'm not sure...but I'm sure one of you can help me out, and it would be greatly appreciated! :cry:

how do you normally sync it?

Before I got the Maschine, I strictly used Fruity Loops, with Audacity to chop up samples, but all the sampling and arranging was done in Fruity Loops, so I could just pick a tempo I wanted (Usually between the 69-79 bpm range) and stretch the sample to fit the beat.

With my move to Maschine, I have no clue where to even start haha.

Last edited:
Techniques don't change just because gear does. It doesn't sound like this is really a how to sample question and more of a how to use Maschine question. I am moving this to the appropriate section because of that. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Techniques don't change just because gear does. It doesn't sound like this is really a how to sample question and more of a how to use Maschine question. I am moving this to the appropriate section because of that. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Ah ok, thanks, I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but yeah I guess it's more of a Hardware than sampling question.

Where their is no time stretch in maschine (wait until the next update)

What i do is chop the sample and play the parts out a long my drums ... not to hard

or you can always play the metronome with the sample and figure out the tempo that way

Yeah, unfortunately there's no timestretch yet but you can do that outside of Maschine if you like.

You can also hold Shift and hit the Note Repeat button in time with the sample for the Tap Tempo function and then fine tune it as you need.

F@ck time stretch lol. Honestly in the 6 years I've been sampling I've not used time stretch once. Never tried to figure out how to

Where their is no time stretch in maschine (wait until the next update)

What i do is chop the sample and play the parts out a long my drums ... not to hard

or you can always play the metronome with the sample and figure out the tempo that way

That's what I was trying to do...but it didn't work out very well for a while...I guess practice makes perfect huh? Hahah..

Since there is no timestretching you will have to change your workflow up. Before you could choose your tempo and use time stretch to dictate the sample. Now you will have to let the sample dictate the tempo. So just figure out your sequence you want, tap the tempo, then record the sequence.

Last edited:
Hold the shift key while tapping the tap tempo to the sample. this will give you a fairly accurate BPM to start with. from there you can pitch it up if need be.

F@ck time stretch lol. Honestly in the 6 years I've been sampling I've not used time stretch once. Never tried to figure out how to

Yeah, it's pretty much the biggest thing people ***** about on the Maschine forum. It's a good idea but just not that big of a deal to me. I think I have only used it once and that was because the sample was really slow and the horns lost their magic when I pitched it up high enough to get the speed I wanted.

Back