Reason Vs FL Vs Cubase and others for Beats

ibmethatswhoib

I"m sure you get this all the time here but I'm a noob here, what do you guy's think is better. I have Reason 5 and have been messing with it, the only thing that is annoying is I can't really edit or zoom in to well on loops I just made (or maybe I don't know how). I also want to record some vocals, so I was using audacity then importing them but I'm guessing I could just us FL for all that. I just heard Reason has more built in samples and options for making beats. What do you guy's like?

I mess with both but I have FL Studio mainly as my center piece and I'll usually rewire Reason in. To me it's all up to the producer and which one he's comfortable with. I like FL Studio because of all of the VST you can use and just easy to produce a beat. I like Reason because the sequencer is very accurate don't really have to depend on the quantize feature as much. But using them both together in my opinion I think that you'll have a complete beat production capablity.

you can get the job done on any curent daw, the difference between them is just whatever is most comfortable to you so i would try the demos for each and pick the one that i liked the best.

i use fl studio and its the sh*t

Reason 6 will be out on the 30th and it offers audio recording. If u want to now u can buy Record for Reason users and record vocals and get a free update to Reason 6

I using Reason re-wired to Fl Studio and in my opinion this the best for me. But many years ago I used fast tracker 2 and I was working on this software. I also use Acid Studio 7.0 occasionally. The key point is not what do You use but how do You use.

I have used FL Studio, Reason, and now just started using Ableton.

To me FL Studio is the easiest program to get into. Very ideal for beginners. But FL Studio is a very powerful program if you know what your doing with it. Which is why you have big name producers like MDL and Lex Luger using it. And why it took 9th Wonder a while to switch from FL to Pro Tools. IF I had to recommend a DAW for a starter, I would most def recommend it. When I first started out I used FL Studio.

Reason to me, is powerful for CREATION. What I mean by this is creating your own sounds. Sense reason doesn't allow VSTs you don't get the: Nexus and the Massive, with those already pre made awesome sounding synths, pianos, strings etc waiting for you to use.In Reason you have to make them yourself. So this program is ideal for those who like to tinker and make their own sounds for scratch.

Ableton Live, I just started using it so I cant say to much on it. But Its awesome for people who sample due to being able to Warp the samples and getting them on time. And its sort of like a MPC when your making your beat cause you can add and remove things on the fly. I'm hopeing to be able to make this my main DAW. I'm hopeing to fall in love with this program because I have heard nothing but good about it.

To me the BEST VSTs out there currently is FL STUDIO or Logic Pro. Sense I just made the switch to Ableton I cant say much about it yet. But if Im unable to use Ableton I most def will be going back to either FL STUDIO, or if I get a mac, Logic Pro.

I use Reason 5 & Acid 7 for 90% of my beats, but I think a lot of it really is just what you are most comfortable with...I've heard great beats from all of the major programs. Just go with what you know...
:D

Reason to me, is powerful for CREATION. What I mean by this is creating your own sounds. Sense reason doesn't allow VSTs you don't get the: Nexus and the Massive, with those already pre made awesome sounding synths, pianos, strings etc waiting for you to use.In Reason you have to make them yourself. So this program is ideal for those who like to tinker and make their own sounds for scratch.
I have 30 something gigs of sounds for Reason that were premade and sound great though. I think ppl see no plug ins and think it means no new sounds.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I use Reason 5 & Acid 7 for 90% of my beats, but I think a lot of it really is just what you are most comfortable with...I've heard great beats from all of the major programs. Just go with what you know...
:D

Man I aint hear of anyone using Acid in years. I used to be an Acid fanatic I had 2.0 before it had rewire using it with Reason 2.0

Back