Reason 6 has been announced. Its coming out September 30th

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

lol X i just emailed you about this before seeing this thread :cheers:

Hmm i don't understand - there will be Reason 6 version and Reason Essentials - again to softwares for one reason/purpose to make music?
I hope that it will be just one software, when will be at home, will check those videos with sound, looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was with Reason from 1.1 to 4 and really wasted my money buying 5. The program is cool, but it just takes to damn long for me to produce ideas quickly in it. Record is cool, but once again it just took too long to do what I wanted to. NI Maschine + Ableton (or any other DAW) allows ideas quickly....IMO!!!
I know people will buy Reason 6, but it seems that the hunger for the money is more of what they want. IMO!!!
I even switched to FL studio during the time of 4... Way easier and ideas are produced and brought to life faster. For those that will buy it....Have fun!

Everything else looks cool but no group busses.

Reason, Reason Essentials and the lowest end of the market is Reason Limited (unless this is what is now called Essentials) - an upgrade path to envy in some worlds and daws.

wow!!! i am impressed!!! 64-bit!!! full screen!!! waiting for two things... a controller for the mixer... streaming from disk samplers... but all in all a step in the right direction...
No disk streaming. Kinda disappointing to me also. I am not overly impressed with this upgrade but I think its a step in the right direction as well.
They added an autotune device........Oh the humanity!
They added it to Record. In Reason 6 they killed off Record and put all of its updates directly into Reason. For those who have the Reason record duo its kinda annoying as we mostly get new fx and a 64 bit version but I like the new upgrade price for $99 which is enough for me to be satisfied.
Hmm i don't understand - there will be Reason 6 version and Reason Essentials - again to softwares for one reason/purpose to make music?
I hope that it will be just one software, when will be at home, will check those videos with sound, looks good.
They are two totally different products. If you have Reason you dont need Reason essentials. If you have Reason essentials you can upgrade to the full version of Reason. Think of it like a slimmed down version of Reason like Pro Tools LE.
Everything else looks cool but no group busses.

Reason, Reason Essentials and the lowest end of the market is Reason Limited (unless this is what is now called Essentials) - an upgrade path to envy in some worlds and daws.

Reason essentials is Reason limited.

i used reason 4 for years and i had reason 5 for a while, the new features seem pretty cool but these are still basic effects modules that other DAWs have offered for years. i made the switch the switch to ableton live and havent looked back tbh. i still feel reason is lacking things even after seeing that video, support of vst's even. that said, i know plenty of people that make great work with it and i do like the work flow with reason.

I think I will upgrade only because it is $99 for Reason Duo users. But what I was hoping for is support for Midi-out. At the beginning of the year a copped a MPC 4000. I using reason primarly as just a sound module for the MPC and dump into PT to complete sequencing and mix. I am one that loves to do everything in one program and that is what I miss most about just using Reason Duo. It saves a lot of time, but the its something about the sounds running through and MPC!!

You would think that after all of the threads on Props website about Midi-out that they would would make their long time users happy!

I am surprised.. I didn't think they would release a new version so fast, but then again if they don`t they will fall to behind
Reason does remind me of Blackberry though..

so, are they finally going to integrate recycle in it?
they should, since recycle hasn't had an update in years...

and I guess no vst's

i used reason 4 for years and i had reason 5 for a while, the new features seem pretty cool but these are still basic effects modules that other DAWs have offered for years. i made the switch the switch to ableton live and havent looked back tbh. i still feel reason is lacking things even after seeing that video, support of vst's even. that said, i know plenty of people that make great work with it and i do like the work flow with reason.
These modules are very deep. Sure the features have been else where for years but I am starting to like them. When I first saw this update I was actually kinda pissed. I was one of those advocates on the PH forum for Midi Out and Recycle intergration but I hope they come sooner than later. Recycle's new Gui imo shows promise that maybe it will move in that direction though I have not seen the new gui the fact that they changed it I think says something.

Ive always wanted to try Reason but the screenshots always make it look so complicated to me.
Its actually very very simple. If you want you can just open a mixer then open a a module load a sound from the open folder pick a sound from the menu and start playing. Works like most vsts in that respect but you can get very complex if you want to.
I am surprised.. I didn't think they would release a new version so fast, but then again if they don`t they will fall to behind
Reason does remind me of Blackberry though..

so, are they finally going to integrate recycle in it?
they should, since recycle hasn't had an update in years...

and I guess no vst's
My black berry is the best phone I've ever used whats so great about everything else that the blackberry doesn't have or do? not arguing I really just dont know. I am slow when it comes to phones I had a flip phone with no camera and difficult texting until 07 then i got a side kick ID loved it and got a blackberry curve in 2010. I dont know shit about these new phones or how it compares to Reason.
I think I will upgrade only because it is $99 for Reason Duo users. But what I was hoping for is support for Midi-out. At the beginning of the year a copped a MPC 4000. I using reason primarly as just a sound module for the MPC and dump into PT to complete sequencing and mix. I am one that loves to do everything in one program and that is what I miss most about just using Reason Duo. It saves a lot of time, but the its something about the sounds running through and MPC!!

You would think that after all of the threads on Props website about Midi-out that they would would make their long time users happy!

Why bother with the 4k if you have Kong? Kong has replaced my mpc 2000.

My black berry is the best phone I've ever used whats so great about everything else that the blackberry doesn't have or do? not arguing I really just dont know. I am slow when it comes to phones I had a flip phone with no camera and difficult texting until 07 then i got a side kick ID loved it and got a blackberry curve in 2010. I dont know shit about these new phones or how it compares to Reason.
well the way it compares is that Blackberry's are over hyped, when really they're other products that already have the features that Blackberry/Reason is just now integrating

well the way it compares is that Blackberry's are over hyped, when really they're other products that already have the features that Blackberry/Reason is just now integrating

EVERY technology product is over hyped. Hype sells. Look at the iPhone.

Blackberry is still the best option for business and e-mail.

Its actually very very simple. If you want you can just open a mixer then open a a module load a sound from the open folder pick a sound from the menu and start playing. Works like most vsts in that respect but you can get very complex if you want to.

I think I need to try it again. Have you ever noticed a problem with the resolution? Last time I had the demo on my 13" Macbook it seemed kinda scrunched with all the modules and such, but this was a while ago. I think I'll mess with it again. I think it's good they are including Record. Makes sense to just bundle it all. Reason always seemed like a great in the box product to me.

well.. I am curious, Presonus Studio One is my main arsenal with a bunch of vst's..
I will check Reason 6 out since I was a user of R3 and R4

Still no vst.

If I can't use my individual waves plugins, I'm not getting it. How do people even mix in record/reason, the eq's, compressors, etc are so limited and not very good!

EDIT: Why are the artists in the propellerhead vidoes always such stereotypical pretentious indie macbook-in-starbucks-musicians?

Last edited:
Still no vst.

If I can't use my individual waves plugins, I'm not getting it. How do people even mix in record/reason, the eq's, compressors, etc are so limited and not very good!

EDIT: Why are the artists in the propellerhead vidoes always such stereotypical pretentious indie macbook-in-starbucks-musicians?

Hahahah! How??? The same as people who knows how to use compressors/EQ/etc properly... If you don't know how to use it, don't blame the software, blame yourself. Coz I heard lots of tracks mastered in Record and sounded better than the ones mastered in Pro Tools and Logic w/ VSTs like Waves. Also Record's(now Reason's) SSL mixer channel is better than Wave's and less CPU hog...

Hahahah! How??? The same as people who knows how to use compressors/EQ/etc properly... If you don't know how to use it, don't blame the software, blame yourself. Coz I heard lots of tracks mastered in Record and sounded better than the ones mastered in Pro Tools and Logic w/ VSTs like Waves. Also Record's(now Reason's) SSL mixer channel is better than Wave's and less CPU hog...

Haven't tried the SSL myself so maybe it IS better in record. Obviously SOME reason/record mixes will be better than SOME pro tools mixes.

But reason/record can't even TOUCH a mix that was done in pro tools with high-end plugins (waves isn't even high end anymore) and great outboard gear. It just simply sounds better. More warmth, clarity, etc.

I bet I could make a mix that sounded similar to my cubase mixes in record, but at the cost of wasting more time trying to nail the sound and routing all those damn 'cable' things? No thanks.

Off topic a bit, but why hasn't propellerhead released a VST version of reason (as in, reason IS the vst). It would be f****** perfect!

Back