Reason 6 has been announced. Its coming out September 30th

maybe i didnt make myself clear enough, i been making beats for about 5 years, 99.9% of that time ive used reason 4 and reason 5 for a short period of time before my friend showed me about ableton live 8, live just blew me away. i mean i love reason, i just feel its not what it could be. i switched to ableton because i was fed up off not being able to to use things like massive and albino and just little things like sidechaining in reason is such a drawn out process whereas in ableton it takes 2 clicks. im still trying to get to grips with sampling in ableton tho, i really loved my process before, cool edit>recycle>dr.rex. personally i feel ableton has alot more to offer although im definately a reason fan boy too lol

But what im saying is you do now that you can use Reason WITH Ableton right? And have the best of both worlds? AND its easy as shit???

yeah i know you can do it, i personally dont know how though. tbh the only feature i would want to use from reason is the octo-rex, do you reckon it would be worth my while?

^^ For JUST Octorex, probably not. The sample in Ableton is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Reason.

But to use the Reason sounds and instruments... crazy easy. But hey, if youre not trying to do that, then youre way way WAY better off with Ableton Live and VSTs

^^^
yeah im really impressed by ableton live. still trying to get the jist of sampling in ableton, once i do i probably wont miss reason. ive only been using live for the past couple of months like i said after about 5 years of reason, i been watching some tutorials so hopefully soon i will be as fluent as i was with reason. i love the time stretching and warping.

Love what they did with Reason 6, especially the Expert exporting feature they now have. If I ever need to use a VST or RTAS I can always use this feature to export individual audio to Pro Tools with or with no effects and finish it there. If that was your only concern with the new Reason 6, then this feature will be something you will be using a lot. It makes everything much easier now.

I messed with the demo the past 2 days. I like how they have updated the acoustic samples. The line 6 amps are pretty good. Not better than any Roland, Peavey, Fender, etc but decent. It's definitely a nice mobile app especially on say a macbook air. I still prefer Protools, Logic, or Ableton Live.

Last edited:
^^^ you have ableton but you wish Reason could support VSTs??? HUH??????

Dude ReWire could NOT be easier in Ableton. In fact, I honestly find it EASIER than using VSTs, and prefer to use ReWire.

I can't speak on other DAWs, but Live just has ReWire down to a science.

How do people use live? I don't get it...

Now that I think about it, Cubase and Pro Tools and maybe FL Studio are the only DAW's that don't make me want to commit suicide while using them. Just something about the interface, keyboard shorcuts, efficiency, intuition of the workflow.

Live makes me want to tear my hair out (I guess that's what happened to Skrillex' hair lol) but all opinion of course.

Last edited:
How do people use live? I don't get it...

Now that I think about it, Cubase and Pro Tools and maybe FL Studio are the only DAW's that don't make me want to commit suicide while using them. Just something about the interface, keyboard shorcuts, efficiency, intuition of the workflow.

Live makes me want to tear my hair out (I guess that's what happened to Skrillex' hair lol) but all opinion of course.

What frustrates you about live?

What frustrates you about live?

I don't know. It's odd to say the least...

Hop-swap mode, the bland GUI with stupid shapes everywhere, the 'mixer' page where everything is in these strange blocks. The mixer is too small (I like large faders, waveform meters, etc).

And the way the mouse works with the sequencer. Everything about live is so different from Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Reaper that I just can't get used to it.

I don't know. It's odd to say the least...

Hop-swap mode, the bland GUI with stupid shapes everywhere, the 'mixer' page where everything is in these strange blocks. The mixer is too small (I like large faders, waveform meters, etc).

And the way the mouse works with the sequencer. Everything about live is so different from Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Reaper that I just can't get used to it.

Lol yea I will admit live isn't your "normal" DAW. But I been using it for a couple of weeks now and its pretty good I enjoy working with it so far. I left FL Studio for Ableton. Some annoying things here and there but its pretty good in my opinion. CPU management sucks but I think i'll stick with it until I upgrade to pro tools (maschine looks super fun though!)

Last edited:
Back