Reaper issue with precise eqing

H

HIMbeats

Okay, I am fairly new to Reaper (so I may be missing something here). So far there are lots of things that I like about it over Pro Tools. However today while working on a track it seems that Reaper and my Waves Q10, for whatever reason don't seem to want to play well together. I am trying to make a frequency cut at 3000 by manually typing in 3000 in my Q10, but when I do for some reason it changes itself back to 2997 instead. I know this may me a small thing, but why won't Reaper allow me to use the exact frequency that I have typed in? I know this is a Reaper issue in some form or another because I just opened Q10 in Wavelab and it did not change, but remained at 3000. Hmmm...any thoughts on what would cause this? I know I could bust out the dongle and reload all my Waves plugins again, but I really don't feel like doing this if there is an easier solution. Not mention there is no guarantee that will solve the problem. Open to suggestions.....:hmmm: Here is a screen capture of my issue.....

my eq issue.jpg

I don't think its the relationship between Reaper and Waves....simply because I noticed the same problem using FL Studio... I'll type in a number, like you said...and its always off by a couple hz.. I think its just how the plugin works... I dont think its a piracy issue, for anyone that loves to bring that up, because Reaper is pretty much free and legal..so no piracy issue there. Just think its the actual Waves plugin....or, since you said in Wavelab, you did NOT have that problem...maybe there is something in some DAWs that do conflict with the plugin..I really don't know. But I have seen the same thing in FL Studio

Back