Please help ! Microphone records metronome and other disabled tracks

DaRealMrLynn

Hey guys!
Im really frustrated with this --
I've recorded vocals thru a dynamic mic and guitar direct to the sound card.

Im using Lexicon Lambda, and my problem is I get the recording alongside with DISABLED tracks such as hi hats, kicks and even vocals despite them being off.

I get so much noise in the mix I want to die, please help!!

Note : Previous track I've recorded vocals with the same mic, same cable and same soundcard and I did not have this problem.

Are your monitor speakers muted when you are recording, or are they on? Most headphones leak some. If you have one earpiece off while you track, all the more. The microphone may be picking up your monitors and/or headphones. Speakers should be off; monitor with phones during tracking. Earpieces over both ears, phones on as tight as comfortably possible. If you can feel the rhythm correctly without the click/metronome, mute it when tracking with live audio.

If you are still hearing muted tracks such as click while you are recoding, then you might have a routing issue or an actual software glitch. Are effects on while you track? Are you using any effects busses or parallel anything?

GJ

Last edited:
Well, I am using headphones and my microphone line is actually turned all the way off on the soundcard.
Im using nothing fancy for FX, just eq and some compression -- but thats the thing, Im trying to figure out what is that routing issue or software thing since both the mic and the instrument line pick other channels that are not turned to monitor or/and the click.

Drives me nuts, any idea where to even start looking? I figured I might try another USB bus - thats how desperate I am. Gonna come back from work and try and figure it out

Back