omnisphere help!!!

wejustup

i just recently got omnisphere and i'm already having problems...the vst opens up correctly but every time i try to play a sound i don't hear anything. i installed all the cds correct but i'm still having trouble..i can see the blue buttons on the vst light up and see that its playing in the visular but i can't hear a thing nor do i see the sound playing in the mixer channel....if any one can help i will gladly appreciate it...by the way i'm using it with fl studio....

Okay, I don't know if this will help, I have Trillian on a Mac, using Ableton Live in 32-bit mode. However I was having the same problem and driving both Ableton and Spectrasonics tech support crazy until I tried downloading the 64-bit trial of Reaper and running it in that. That worked. The Spectrasonics STEAM engine will run in 32 bit hosts, it just won't make a sound in them (at least in my experience).

I hope that's somewhat helpful.

PS I've stopped using Trillian, but Spectra won't let me sell it because I upgraded from Trilogy. Ain't software grand? Grrr...

Okay, I don't know if this will help, I have Trillian on a Mac, using Ableton Live in 32-bit mode. However I was having the same problem and driving both Ableton and Spectrasonics tech support crazy until I tried downloading the 64-bit trial of Reaper and running it in that. That worked. The Spectrasonics STEAM engine will run in 32 bit hosts, it just won't make a sound in them (at least in my experience).

I hope that's somewhat helpful.

PS I've stopped using Trillian, but Spectra won't let me sell it because I upgraded from Trilogy. Ain't software grand? Grrr...

Ableton is available in 64-bit in version 8 and 9

Thanks, I know, I tried running it 64 bit but then I lost some of my other plugins that I use regularly. Ableton do not recommend installing both versions on the same computer. Besides the OP is running FL Studio which I do not believe is available 64 bit so I thought my experience might be useful.

Ableton do not recommend installing both versions on the same computer.

Inaccurate. You can have multiple version of Ableton installed on one machine. They suggest that you run in 32-bit mode unless you running memory issues.

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/64bit-myths-facts/

Thanks, I know, I tried running it 64 bit but then I lost some of my other plugins that I use regularly. Besides the OP is running FL Studio which I do not believe is available 64 bit so I thought my experience might be useful.

Losing your plugins I imagine was due to Ableton not having a built-in bit bridge. There is third party bit bridge software but sometime it can be more of a pain than it is worth.

If he is on FL 11 he possibly is running in 64-bit, hopefully at least, Omnisphere is heavy on memory usage. If it is FL10 or earlier he is 32-bit.

Inaccurate.

Really? Thanks for the link, you might try actually reading it, here, let me skip to the part I was referring to:

Can I install the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Live at the same time?

It is possible but we don’t recommend it.

That's all I'm saying. Now is the OP still watching this thread? Were you able to get Omni to work with Fruity? Any hints as to how you got it to work?

I am well aware of that statement from them. That is mainly to avoid confusion during installation and plugin compatibility. Both versions work fine. If you read the link their general message is staying 32-bit all together.

Back