new pc what now?

BASSINVADER

new pc what now?
hi folks!
i recently got a new pc: quad core (4x2.4ghz) 4gigs of ram.
my old music pc is much slower but i have a huge software/vsti/samples harddrive and ableton live. it works good but id like to use the new pc.
what would be the best way to migrate from my old to my new pc? (mind the vsts)
is win 7 the best solution for a new os concerning the new hardware?

would be very kind if you could provide me with some tips. thx

Im guessing the last os was XP. I would recommend a external or a thumb drive to move software and files. If it is big enough I would take a image and start a virtual os thats what I use being that some software can only work with 32 bit OS!!

you will have to reinstall Live and all your VST onto your new computers

sounds and Live session files can be moved by using a flash drive,burning them to DVD and copying off that or use a external hard drive

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Im guessing the last os was XP. I would recommend a external or a thumb drive to move software and files. If it is big enough I would take a image and start a virtual os thats what I use being that some software can only work with 32 bit OS!!

What?!?!? You can use 32bit on Windows 7 systems, if you have trouble run them in compatibility mode. Most will work though.

it would be such a huge transfer of data that i cant take the risk of the system not working properly. just dont answer if you have no clue

---------- Post added 08-31-2012 at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-08-2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

does any1 know how to migrate?

Back