Midi Controller Won't Trigger a VST In Reaper

SimonT

Hi All!

Was wondering if anyone could help me to figure out why my midi controller on Reaper won't work.

I have the preferences set up for my midi controller in Options, Preferences, Audio Midi Devices and have my midi controller enabled. I have a vst loaded into the track with record enabled and the FX enabled too and the Midi Input just below that set to All Channels and when I press a key on my midi controller, I'm getting signal on both mixer outputs.

However, my midi controller won't trigger the vst. The vst keyboard works (as in sounds) when I manually press the keys on the vst keyboard on the vst itself with the mouse and I'm getting signal with my midi controller but my midi controller just won't play the vst, any idea as to why?

It is armed for recording on the track (is it inspector?) the red record icon is lit up. The track is getting signal as I said via the midi controller but just no sound coming through but sound isn't the problem, the vst sounds / works via it's own keyboard operated via mouse.

Try deleting that vsti (not vst) save the project & shutting down Reaper and restarting it, and open the project back up, add back the same vsti (make sure you add a "Instrument Track") pick your present and arm the track again...

Sorry I've not responded for a couple of days. Been pretty busy.

Got it working now. Thanks guys.

It was not selecting an instrument track to add the vst to.

Same problem without the fix.

1. insert new virtual instrument from track
2. input > APC25 keyboard > all midi inputs

track shows incoming MIDI signal but no sound out of VST
different keyboard works in triggering audio
tried a number of MIDI options in preferences (enable/disable, input/output, single thread, etc)
switched USB cables and ports
optimized windows device manager USB hub power settings (never switch off)

no luck!

Back