looking for good sample libraries

What genre of music you'd like to produce?

I have the Vengeance samples libraries and it's perfect to produce House, Techno, Electro, Trance, Hardstyle

Last edited:
Make your own kits dude. It's so rewarding, tweak your drums, stack them, compress them, eq them... just experiment and you'll soon forget about searching high and low for second rate sample packs. IMO, thsoe producer kits you can purchase are usually whack lo-quality samples ripped straight from tracks and usually aren't worth the purchase. That being said though, I found the Drumma Boy sample pack had some phat 808s, and with a bit of tweaking became even fatter.

Last edited:
I recommend MODERNBEATS.COM, yeah it costs money but that's where you can get some really good sounds at, for any genre. Or you can mess with TODAYSBEATS.NET or .COM. You can pay for the membership and then get all of his kits, I think he pretty much gets his from MODERNBEATS if I'm not mistaking. Hope this helps.

Vengeance Essentials and loopmasters are the best. Loopmasters offer hundreds of samplepacks and all of them are about 1GB in size. Google it.

Best sampled electric guitars is Vir2 Electri6ity
Best virtual amplifier for it is Amplitube 3.

Best Sampled Bass is Spectrasonics Trilian

Best sampled piano is Native Instruments Alicia's Keys

best sampled drums is Slate Digital SSD 4. not out yet but soon.

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with what genre you're aiming to produce. Having the right styled samples can be key in acquiring the exactly style and vibe you want.

If you're producing hip-hop, rap, r&b, etc., definitely look into "Deadly Drums", "Urban Fire 4", and all the various free artist sample packs you can find online. The ones I listed cost money, but, the other ones that are sampled can be found with Google, and I'm pretty sure they're free to use/download. Just search for shit like "G-Unit Drumz", "Dre sample kit", "9th wonder kit", "Timbaland samples" or "Timbaland kit", etc. Keep your eyes open and you'll find quite a few (and surprisingly, a lot of them are pretty good!). Also, I suggest downloading some finely-tuned 808 and 909 sample packs, as well as some ripped AKAI MPC-3000 and AKAI MPC-4000 samples. If you find the same sample packs of those that I've got, you'll be a happy producer.

If you're producing trance, house, electro, dance, etc. definitely look into the Vengeance sample packs. "Vengeance Essential Club Sounds" volumes 1-3 + "Vengeance Essential House" are golden. I hear that Überschall also sells some pretty damn good samples. There is also a Thomas Penton Essential Drums & Percussion sample pack going around that is also very good. Even Deadmau5 has a sample pack. Just search it up - I forget the title.

If you want to produce dnb (drum & bass) but don't to make your own loops, a producer named Danny Byrd has some sample packs going around. They include full loops and the separate stems of them. I only have one of them, though. If you want dubstep-styled drums, you can find some free dubstep samples at dubstepforums.com. But, for the most part, dubstep drums has a lot to do with layering to make your own samples, and then using some reverb on snares and shit to get the desired effect.

For Glitch and IDM, well... you'll probably have to make all those samples yourself. ;)

Happy hunting!

This is a really good point all libraries have there stronger points

Thou places like sounds to sample, loop masters and freshly squeezed have a lot of labels on there site so you can always find the right genre

Back