Logic Users Help

Kube

Just wanting to have a chat with some well clued up peeps about Logic.

Im not an amateur with it but not a pro either but basically im wanting to know about saving and transferring a midi or even an audio sound/sample and all the EQ's and FX etc i have put on that sound/sample and some how saving it?

Example...
If i create a sick little violen loop that has a tone of FX on it but im not feeling it on the beat that i've made it on so instead of trying to change the whole beat to match this loop i am wanting to save all the info and the sound then load a new project in Logic and import that sound so i can start a fresh beat with it????

I know how to do it with like the EXS24 etc. but im talking about just the standard kits in the library and once it's lay'd down on the track.

Does that make sense??? haha i can do screen shots if need be.

Any help would be awesome.

You should be able to just bounce that one track to audio. The effects will bounce with it as long as they are enabled. You then have an audio file that you can drag into your new project.

Yeah i thought of that but i was really wanting to try and transfer it as midi just incase i wanted to tweek it at all. But all good might just do that, Thanks man.

When that happens to me, I just save the project as a new one with just the loop, and name it something memorable so I know to revisit it. That way I don't lose anything. Otherwise you can save the FX as a preset and name it after the loop, and then save the loop as an apple loop. Hope I helped a little bit...

Save it as the file the way it is(just so you can always go back if you want). Then go back and just delete every single track except your fx and part you want to keep then rename the song("Save As" instead of just "Save", no offense if you know already, just explaining for anyone who doesn't in the thread learning). Then just add more instrument and audio tracks as needed.

Last edited:
Back