How to install trillian after installing omnisphere with steam folder!

shermanakaice

I installed my omnisphere and its working perfect in logic and pro tools but how to install trillian after. Cuz now im trying it keep giving me a message concerning the steam folder not found or something and i keep locating the steam folder on my external hard drive! What to do?

well I think the problem is that you installed it on an external drive, with libraries like that, it should be installed on an internal drive
I had Kontakt installed on an external drive, and it kept on saying the folder is missing, or I have missing sounds.. that's because the drive letter would always change, from D to E etc..

and for your software to locate the sounds, your external would have to be on every time.. last thing you want is for the external drive to go bad

and another thing.. I think the Steam folder is only supposed be installed on your C drive

well I think the problem is that you installed it on an external drive, with libraries like that, it should be installed on an internal drive
I had Kontakt installed on an external drive, and it kept on saying the folder is missing, or I have missing sounds.. that's because the drive letter would always change, from D to E etc..

and for your software to locate the sounds, your external would have to be on every time.. last thing you want is for the external drive to go bad

and another thing.. I think the Steam folder is only supposed be installed on your C drive

By me komplete 7 is working fine, omnisphere and its all on my external nothing is wrong.. so i dont beleive thats the problem its something else.

Had the same issue and the solution the guys have given did the trick.

which solution??

---------- Post added 08-24-2011 at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-21-2011 at 03:59 PM ----------

anyone?

I have All sounds installed on an external drive without problems......

Re-install Trilian and make sure that during installation that it installs in Steam folder on the external drive;

Then make sure that you make a shortcut from your external "steam" folder to your "spectrasonics" folder on your "c" drive!

Voilà!

Can you add me on skype: shermanakaice or email me: icefromsxm@gmail.com please...
I have All sounds installed on an external drive without problems......

Re-install Trilian and make sure that during installation that it installs in Steam folder on the external drive;

Then make sure that you make a shortcut from your external "steam" folder to your "spectrasonics" folder on your "c" drive!

Voilà!

Thanks a lot bro i got you, im now online..

---------- Post added 09-03-2011 at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-27-2011 at 12:15 PM ----------

your not online?

Re-installing Trilian

hi there, in addition to this thread.. i have a similar question..

i have previously installed the trilian component on my mac internal HD and the steam folder on my external HD
i have just replaced my internal HD on my imac and would only like to reinstall the trilian components on my mac internal HD.

how do i do this with the 5 discs? which disc is the AU components on?
and how do i successfully link the STEAM folder on the external hard drive with trilian so that it loads the soundsets seamlessly?

i want to avoid reinstalling the 5 discs again...

same goes for reinstalling omnisphere, but i'm guessing its the same/similar process.

This is a shot in the dark but install the first disk..."if you have an option to install the library uncheck it"

merge your library to where you installed the first disk and run your updates in the recommend order that Spectrasonics tell you up to the latest.

Back