how do YOU organize your nexus 2 presets?

lip5016

hey, so pretty much, i own a legit copy of refx nexus 2, along with a handful of expansions.. i'm a super OCD person when it comes to production, and i like to have everything organized in such a way that i don't have to spend hours going through the generic synth names that nexus comes with.. now i know that nexus offers a "My Favorites" function, but the thing that doesn't work for me with that is that there's no way to tell by looking at a preset if it's part of a "Favorites" list or not..

my next thought process would be to edit the preset names with indicators such as the way the sound comes across to me.. such as plucky, buzzy, fuzzy, etc.. this is becoming a little messy and i'm trying to find a more efficient process to sort through my presets (since if you search "LD" or "AR" there are about 1000 results that come up).. i don't like the idea of NOT renaming my presets for the simple fact that if u click on one in the normal file browser, there's really no way to tell if it's part of a Favorites List or not.. i'm the kind of person who gets paranoid that if i don't label them a certain way (to indicate that i've analyzed whether or not that i like the sound) that i may end up "missing" out on sounds that i could be using..

does anybody here have any special "grouping" or "labeling" methods that they use besides the standard labels (PN, SY, AR, LD, DR, etc.) that nexus comes with? if so, please share! :)

I didnt know Nexus had a favorites function. How do you use it

Im still organizing my drum wav files and deleting all the sounds that I dont want. Im super OCD too. Ive been using the favorites function for massive, synthmaster 2 and sylenth1. But I agree with you, a big help is having fewer sounds to sift through when youre in the zone and have in mind a certain sound.

From what I know...work on a sound or tweak a preset and then doubleclick on the big preset name and name or rename it to something else. Once its renamed right click on the big preset name and hit save preset.

Find your Nexus Content folder inside it will be a folder called presets. From there create your own folders.

If your looking for the preset that you just saved then search explorer or use spotlight...Find the preset and throw it in the preset folder you've made.

Could rename the preset whatever you want there too.

Ah! I found how to do it.

Right Click in the Left Column Categories and choose new 'favorites' and then name the folder what you want. Then when you find a sound you like in the right column, you right click and choose add to Favorites:'favorites'.

:cool:

edit// Sylenth....there are literally thousands of presets for this instrument. Only about 25% of them are really cool. So many sounds to sift through....It will be a long time before I go through all these sounds.

Last edited:
Back