help an old man get some lfo and filth in his baselines!!

tazzo

muaythai life
hi guys, ok so ive made a brave transition to mac and now to logic 9. love them both, but my basslines are just sounding a bit weak. i make dnb and tech house style but love dirty fat baselines, doing nasty things all the time. i used to do it all on outboard gear back in the day, but now everything is in the computer (ok ok im old, been off the producing for a few years)

what is the killer sequencer to improve my rather weak basslines, to match my monster beats?

(i have read up on a few posts on here but really need a good synth to get lfo frequencies really and need some advice what one to go for)

cheers people

---------- Post added 06-17-2011 at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-16-2011 at 02:43 AM ----------

you lot are ageist! :O/

Well my weapon of choice would have to be Native Instruments - Massive!! This is an absolute animal of a vst which can produce some serious sounds. Now its a bit tricky to get used to its unique way of sound design but the results are limitless. Check out some of the videos on youtube!! Also using Waves Renaissance Bass plugin is amazing for beefing and tightening up a bassline. It can make the shittest bass sound could. Only prob with this is the price of course:P So damn expensive ha!!

Rob Papen blue and predator and Lennar Digital Sylenth are well worth a look!! Blue comes with some dnb presets as far as I remember.

Hope some of this is of use:)!!

year mate thanks, i know alot of top producers like ram team use alot of rob papen stuff, only problem with it sll is its so expensive! is there any simple lfo ones out there, im not impressed with the ones in logic, its either that or im not using them very well. rob papen does one called big boom bass people use alot too. richer people than me hehe :O)

Back