Having trouble with MIDI emulation

I acquired sibelius 7 a few days ago and I have been skimming through it trying to learn it and get a feel for it. I also downloaded a little program called "LoopBe1" which is a virtual MIDI driver that should allow me to route a MIDI signal from an out in sibelius directly into FL Studio. Problem is, every which way I set this up I either get a green (unhandled) light in FL Studio's MIDI monitor or I get an error message from LoopBe1 telling me not to connect the out and in of it in one application (I assume this is some infinite loop). Please help me, I really want to start using sibelius with the plugins I got in my DAW, because the built in sounds blow.

Here is the link to loopbe1 LoopBe1 - A Free Virtual MIDI Driver

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Got an update for ya. Just remembered I also have the standalone version of kontakt installed (I have several libraries that run through this). So I figured maybe it would be more simple to try and route midi OUT into it, so I could have a good preview of my scores. Turns out it was pretty easy, there is a place in the options menu for adjusting ins and outs in kontakt. I setup accordingly and in probably a minute got to work on a score for a harp. Low and behold a few minutes later, it just ****s up again and I get that message again, of course coming after an infinite loop of harp notes that really wasn't pleasant for the ear. I've checked the MIDI settings for both sibelius and kontakt and I am sure they are right...

Someone please help me, this is really aggravating and I can't get anything done...

Last edited:
Back