Having Issues Registering Sylenth

CowboyClyde

Hey all,

I recently purchased Sylenth1 with the 32 Lives Bundle from their website.
The installation process was going fine until it came time to register my product.
These are the instructions from their website:
How to register Sylenth1 | LennarDigital

As you can see, it says open up Sylenth1, go to menu, click register and load up the .dat file they sent in the email....
Which is what I did....nothing happens...

SO, I tried to follow Plan B on their website...
They state to go to Library>Preferences>LennarDigital>Sylenth1 and drag the .dat file there but when I went to find the LennarDigital folder, there is nothing. Furthermore, when trying to search for it on my computer, its no where to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Here is a video of me trying to register Sylenth:

placing the license.dat file in the same folder that the plugin is in worked for me in windows. So I'm guessing in OS X that would be HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST.

Just tried this and it still isn't working....I wrote on their support forum on KVR Audio but its taking forever for someone to respond. This is getting pretty damn frustrating as I just want to start messing around with Sylenth!!! :(

I am also noticing that even thru the demo, no sound comes out when I press the my MIDI keyboard or the keys on the synth.

If I open up another synth in Logic X, sound comes out fine.
Although I am still stuck in Demo mode, why isn't any sound coming out?
I'm worried this will continue to be an issue even after I figure out this registration issue...

download the DAT. file from your email. put the dat. file in youe VSTs folder. click authrioize and if necasary find your VST file with DAT and click dat license.

Sylenth1 is really cool, have fun.

download the DAT. file from your email. put the dat. file in youe VSTs folder. click authrioize and if necasary find your VST file with DAT and click dat license.

Sylenth1 is really cool, have fun.

I already tried that (see video) and it still isn't working...From about 1:05 on, in the video, I do exactly as you say and nothing happens...

SO, I tried to follow Plan B on their website...
They state to go to Library>Preferences>LennarDigital>Sylenth1 and drag the .dat file there but when I went to find the LennarDigital folder, there is nothing. Furthermore, when trying to search for it on my computer, its no where to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Did you try
CREATING
the folder
and then putting it there?

How did you go about
INSTALLING
Sylenth?
Did you install it properly,
or just copy+paste a few files?

Humor me and try installing it again, making sure that you're following any directions "to a T".

-Ki
Salem Beats

Did you try
CREATING
the folder
and then putting it there?

How did you go about
INSTALLING
Sylenth?
Did you install it properly,
or just copy+paste a few files?

Humor me and try installing it again, making sure that you're following any directions "to a T".

-Ki
Salem Beats

Here is another video (but very repetitive of the first video) to prove to you that I am doing EXACTLY what they tell you to do on the website...

Here is another video (but very repetitive of the first video) to prove to you that I am doing EXACTLY what they tell you to do on the website...

You tried to navigate to the folder they're talking about by using a search box rather than using the "Go" menu with the key combo they instructed you to use.

That's one deviation I found right off the bat.

I would still like to see the outcome of creating the folder yourself and putting the license file there. I have a hunch that it might work.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
FINALLY GOT THE ISSUE SOLVED.
I had to go to some weird preference folder by going to my Finder window then using the Go command and going to this folder: ~/Library/Preferences/LennarDigital/Sylenth1

Put the .dat file there and BOOM, it worked.

APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S EFFORT IN HELPING ME. This shit was driving me up the walls!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! this forum is awesome!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 2.54.11 PM.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 5,317
FINALLY GOT THE ISSUE SOLVED.
I had to go to some weird preference folder by going to my Finder window then using the Go command and going to this folder: ~/Library/Preferences/LennarDigital/Sylenth1

Put the .dat file there and BOOM, it worked.

APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S EFFORT IN HELPING ME. This shit was driving me up the walls!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! this forum is awesome!

Glad you got it sorted out!

I'm proud that you went out and bought the plugin!
Normally when I open a thread with a title like this one, I expect someone to say something along the lines of:

"I followed all of the instructions in the crack but its still not working!!!" (or whatever)

It's really nice to be able to help someone who is genuine about what he's doing.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back