have a FL Studio 10 question

easydoom

I just installed FL Studio 10 and when I drag drum samples into the step sequencer it makes them high pitched. I know I can change the pitch in the keyboard editor but I want to be able to drag the samples with their default pitch into the step sequencer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this has been asked many of times...

when you drag the sample to the sequencer...click the sample so the channel settings pop up...click the INS tab, make sure you RIGHT!! Again...RIGHT!!! Cick "C5" on the small keyboard in your channel settings..

Another thing to check for...Go back to the SMP tab...and in the TIME STRETCHING section, RIGHT click the TIME and MULT knobs, and click RESET.

Sometimes samples are saved/recorded to different root notes. By default, FL Studio's root note is C5...so always make sure your sample highlights C5 in your channel settings.

And sometimes samples automatically have time stretched settings..so sometimes you'll have to reset the TIME knob as I mentioned above

Normally I wouldnt take the time to explain all this....so next time..In FL Studio, click HELP -> CONTENTS..

Majority of the things FL Studio is capable of are explained in pretty good detail in the Owners Manual

thank's I'm going to try it. I tried looking in the contents but there's just so much information I didn't know where it would be. I appreciate your response though.. it's nice of you to take the time to help.

No problem dude...but take it from me, I used FL Studio for a few years before ever opening the manual... When I finally decided to read the manual...I was like damn.. Even if you're pretty fluent in the program you use, there is most likely still things you can learn by reading the manual. Its part of using a DAW to make music...You gotta know what you're working with in order to master it. Reading will only help you

FL Studio's default is C5.....so every note you play....is relative to, or in tune of the key of C.

Some samples are TUNED differently..

For instance, a kick drum.....some samples, for example.....if you play them on the note of C....the sample itself is playing, lets say F.

Its out of tune.

So in that case, you would right click the F note...... So when you finally do play the sample on the note of C...its actually playing a C note...meaning it is now in tune.

There are articles, tutorials, and videos all over the place about tuning drums and instruments in FL Studio.....most of them will answer your questions relating to this thread...and probably explain it better than me lol

Back