FL Studio's drum pattern sequencer not as good as Redrum... or is it?

ABSiNT

Just curious if there is a way to change the timing of FL Studio's drum patterns without having to open the Piano Roll?

I like how Redrum allows you to change it via the resolution nob and I was wondering if FL has something similar.

i've used FL like once, but then i had reason at the same time, but i've now came to the conclusion that Reason is much better (and much much more simple to use) than FL. As Reason comes packed with a load of built-in sounds. Redrum is much much better than FL's Drum Sequencer IMO.

REASON > FL.

You can change the timing of the drums in the FUNC tab of the channel window.

If you want to get in depth with drum programming, you're going to want to use the piano roll at some point.

I've had both and I'm more satisfied with Fruity Loops. There is no "better" piece of software. It's just what makes you more comfortable...

Thanks guys for the feedback. After trying all your suggestions, I've realized that the only way to do what I am trying to do is manually via piano roll.

In my brief experience with redrum I didn't feel it. I thought FL is way easier to use.

I found that people are either split between Reason and Fruityloops but not that many people use both. Personally I like fl studio's drum sequencer because its easier to use IMO if I need to edit the drums in detail I'll just go to the piano roll and quantize it to whatever I want it to sound like

In my brief experience with redrum I didn't feel it. I thought FL is way easier to use.

You can build your drums the exact same way as FL's Piano Roll with Reason's sequencer. I believe Reason's drums sequencing is ten times better because you have the option of using Redrum which is an exact mirror of a classic drum machine. On top of that, Redrum keeps your drums in perfect timing and you have the option to make your kick and snare 1/16 and the hi hats 1/32 all at the same time with just the turn of a knob.Redrums workflow is super smooth, allowing you to color in pads on the fly and then transfer your pattern to Reason's sequencer.

Moral of the story: Reason's sequencer= FL's Piano Roll

(Keep in mind, if you want to play around with pitch, you would use the NN-19).

Not to turn this thread into a Reason Vs. FL debate because I can't live without FL and it's ease of creating melodies + VST support.

Back