Thread: FL Studio Sustain Pedal

Thanks

FL Studio Sustain Pedal

Sign in to disable this ad
    when I press/release the sustain pedal -- the MIDI input activity light flashes (green light) which means it's receiving the signal but it isn't triggering anything. I got that "Hold & Sostenuto" button unchecked but now I'm asking how do I set the MIDI Sustain Off/On messages to be triggered with the pedal now? thanks.

Thanks
    I also have a question regarding sustain and fl studio, why is it when i lift my foot off the sustain, all the 'sustaining' stops immediately? Is there a setting I don't have on that'll make it work like a actual piano?

edit - currently im under the impression i dont even have to lift my foot to avoid the 'muddy sound', feels like its doing it automatically for me...or am i crazy?
    Last edited by apexxhiphop; 09-11-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e2274964 View Post
    when I press/release the sustain pedal -- the MIDI input activity light flashes (green light) which means it's receiving the signal but it isn't triggering anything. I got that "Hold & Sostenuto" button unchecked but now I'm asking how do I set the MIDI Sustain Off/On messages to be triggered with the pedal now? thanks.

I've had a similar problem with a midi controller..I'd plug in the usb, turn it on, wait a second for it to be recognized, then boot up FL Studio.....when I turn the knobs, the light flashes, yet I can't assign anything to the controller itself....All my settings were right....so wtf?! So I close FL Studio, turn off the controller, and plug it in to a different USB slot....repeated the above process, and then it worked..I was then able to assign stuff to the controller..

Now the weird part is....There are 2 USB ports on the back of my PC..

I usually have my keyboard plugged into USB-B, leaving USB-A for my midi controller....

Midi Controller has trouble communicating with FL Studio when plugged into USB-A.....but worked fine in USB-B

My keyboard works great in USB-B, but due the problem above, I had to move it to USB-A...and guess what? It still works fine.

So I really don't know whats going on...since my keyboard works fine in both USB slots....why does my midi controller only work in one of them?!

Thread Information