FL Slicer / FL User beatbreak sampling question.

G0DZGiFT

JussM3L0
To the users of fruity slicer, when you're sampliing a beatbreak, what effects do you use to make it sound more realistic. Using FL Slicer, everything always sounds lower for me.

If you use edison, same question because they always sounds flat reguardless of what I try to use.

damn, 16 guests in here tryin to get answers lol

what do you mean by more realistic and flat?

Lol alright, I was messing around with the drumbreak used in It Ain't Hard To Tell by Nas and I used FL Slicer at first and the sample sounded too low and it kinds of sounds like the stocked drums.

it doesnt sound the exact same as if you played the song in itunes or windows media player?

I use Slicex

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

are you sure theres not a FX set on your master channel in the mixer, or the track with slicer or whatever isn't bussed to a channel with an FX on it

On my master channel is soundgoodizer and usually it's bussed to it's own channel. Do you keep the kick snare and hat on one channel in Slicex?

no. i send each to its own channel then eq according to the sample/sound i want

no. set your markers. on the left you will see region settings that has a drop down menu for each marker.
select the marker you want then below that change the "out" to what ever number you want on the mixer

Oh sh*t lol is there a way you can do that for Slicer? And what type of effects do you add to them? Any specifics?

I believe you can do that with the slicer..i just use an EQ for each, little compression for the kick, stereo enhance on the hats and blood overdrive on my snare

I don't get down with Slicex. Edison for me. I rigged the computer keyboard and a layer channel to work like a MPC. I saved it as a template haha. Experiment with Parametric EQ 2. I mastered it(almost). I can make any drum sound I want. I'm figuring out synths right now. Gilson, I didn't know you were on FL.

Goodlooks bro, I will see how this works out for me Lol. When I sample in Slicer, everything is usually a lot lower and sh*t so I gotta figure out something lol

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Uh oh, I don't think you can individually map out each slice in FL Slicer

The Stanley Clarke song itself is quiet as shit. I got it on vinyl. I compressed and EQ'd to get the bump I want.

1. Drop FL Slicer. Use Slice x. It is incredibly easier and better. Its just Edison with the ease of playing your markers on a midi keyboard.

2.If your keyboard isn't velocity sensitive it will always be quiet when you record. Once you play your sequence in manually adjust the velocity of the hits.

I think I was gonna list more stuff but forgot now.

1. Drop FL Slicer. Use Slice x. It is incredibly easier and better. Its just Edison with the ease of playing your markers on a midi keyboard.

2.If your keyboard isn't velocity sensitive it will always be quiet when you record. Once you play your sequence in manually adjust the velocity of the hits.

I think I was gonna list more stuff but forgot now.

I sample into Edison from my table/cdj and then I chop the breakbeat up in Edison. If its a drumbreak, I put each individual sound in its own sampler channel because it should be that many and then you can assign each one to its own channel.

Back