FL 12 is driving me crazy

Bung

:hello:
it's so counter intuitive to me i just spend most of the time pissed off. i love the sequencer, and how i can use my own .wav's in there but that's about it. screw the piano roll, screw the playlist. annoying. i've been through the manual way too many times, watched a ton of videos, i get it... there's a lot to learn. but just the dumbest little things in there, even after learning and doing 100 times, still go against the grain to me. so the hell with it. it's too annoying, and i've simply had it.

so... now i'm looking for something to replace it:

- a sequencer (basically a drum machine style thing but with any sounds i have on my drive)
- a mixer for each track
- vst plugin support
- the ability to use a midi keyboard
- recording/export individual tracks

basically i want FL, but not FL.

i use FL to make beats, or just wacky little loops.. then plug a guitar in and play over it, usually with vst effects. then export everything and load it up in Audition's multi-track (cuz FK FL's "playlist").

i want to uninstall FL today :victory:

there's got to be something
?

i have yet to see one with the sequencer like that

the little boxes...........

i haven't dug too deep but, no, i haven't seen that.

All daws are very similar ,just different layout and YES THEY ALL have that thing just not with a step sequencer bolted onto it and it's bolted into the playlist it self.
Fl and ableton tho have separate sequencers/ piano roll from playlist though.
Bitwig/ableton/fl studio.

Was fond of 8-11 myself but 12 grated me I can kinda see where you comin from but fl is not the issue it's the user trying to use it like a linear daw that's the issue.

"The little boxes" as in a x0x style step seq with a 16-step lane for each separate channel? Or are you talking about then piano roll?

oook, i feel like a moron.. took a much better look at Reason.:shame:

nice :) :victory:

the x0x style step seq by the way. as dumb as this threads is, you guys told me every daw has the FL stuff... i needed to hear that :cheers:

Last edited:
Well, I guess most DAWs don't specifically have that kind of x0x sequencer built in, but basically you can use the piano roll in an extremely similar way. The latter is just more flexible.

FL is good for some stuff..

but here.. i just want the "Mixer Track Routing" thing turned on.. #12.. the #1, 2, 3, 4 boxes,,, but of course it's a gigantic pain in the ass to do it for some reason.

all i want is to SEE what channels my tracks are on. without clicking into each one.

i still haven't figured it out.

channelrack_main.png

FL drives me nuts..

Last edited:
FL Studios mixer is the most counter productive thing ever. Just switch to literally any other DAW and you won't have to deal with that terrible mixer.

fl studio's mixer does the same thing as other daws mixers. the send, inserts etc same thing in same place.
It's design however was offputting in 12 imo.

I started with FL10, upgraded to 11, then to 12. It's literally the same thing, the same principles, the same routing. FL12 is basically the same DAW as it ever was.

I believe that if you have this problem with FL, you will have another annoying problem with Ableton, or Reason, or any other DAW.

BUT, since you think FL is killing your workflow, go try another DAW and see if it fits your needs. Complaining in a forum won't do much. And yes, this answer means: Every DAW can do the same thing, with different paths to achieve the same thing. Try them out.

FL Studio actually has a top favorited Piano Roll and Sequencer, also one of the most simple layed out DAWs lol just because youre switching DAW's doesnt mean itll make your music any better :|

:hello:
it's so counter intuitive to me i just spend most of the time pissed off. i love the sequencer, and how i can use my own .wav's in there but that's about it. screw the piano roll, screw the playlist. annoying. i've been through the manual way too many times, watched a ton of videos, i get it... there's a lot to learn. but just the dumbest little things in there, even after learning and doing 100 times, still go against the grain to me. so the hell with it. it's too annoying, and i've simply had it.

so... now i'm looking for something to replace it:

- a sequencer (basically a drum machine style thing but with any sounds i have on my drive)
- a mixer for each track
- vst plugin support
- the ability to use a midi keyboard
- recording/export individual tracks

basically i want FL, but not FL.

i use FL to make beats, or just wacky little loops.. then plug a guitar in and play over it, usually with vst effects. then export everything and load it up in Audition's multi-track (cuz FK FL's "playlist").

i want to uninstall FL today :victory:

there's got to be something
?

i just stick with an older version of fl. i'm still using 9 and have been since 2010. never even bothered to upgrade because i know alot has changed. not sure if it changed for the better either.

FL Studio is actually easy to use compared to many other DAW's like Ableton, Cubase, Logic etc.

depends on how you use it. Pattern based daws are easy to use but only if used the intended way.
trying to use flstudio like it was a linear daw had hoops to go through back then lol.

If you can afford one, then maschine imo is a lot more intuitive than fl. You may have to mix in a different daw

i was totally gung ho about the maschine studio until i discovered the push 2.... it'll be here in a couple days :alcoholic:

FL is great for certain things, but overall there's no way i'm relying on it for 'everything'

cuz F that :hello:

Back