Do I need a Beat machine or can i just use ReCycle?

I want to start sampling the first thing i get my apple laptop. The question is can i just use the ReCycle program to sample? And on ReCycle can i add drums and other instruments. Or do I need to spend money buying a beat machine? (Which one do you guys prefer and is better/cheaper?) Any advice are welcome.

Recycle is a GREAT program, but I imagine you wanne go a little bit futher if you wanne add some other instruments and maybe start building a beat, are you looking for a DAW? Otherwise check out my signature on software to check out.

Hmmm depends on what you want to do. I have Reason + Record, along with Recycle and that gets the job done for me right now. You want to make sure you eventually get as many Refills as you can over time. I also hear that Maschine is good. You need a DAW with that, like Pro-Tools or Logic (or Reaper or something like that too. I also hear Studio One is good). With that, though, you'll probably want to get a complete Instrument library like NI Komplete as well.

Back