Yamaha RS-7000 reviews

:eek: :( :confused: :mad: :cry:

****! It never fails...I was going to get the RM1X for my home studio...then I said...let me wait a little longer and I'll go for the RS7000...it will have everything I need and then some, I can grow with it...

now I read one of those reviews on harmony-central...and there is one guy (Scott) that really slammed the unit...he seems to be having many problems with the unit...

my question is...as someone looking to produce some house/progressive house tracks are these problems something I'm going to run into? Is this guy taking the machine to some extreme limits that may not be used by the majority of the RS7000 community? Did he just get a bad unit?

the Yamaha RM1X and RS7000 seem to be the way to go and have a lower learning curve than the Roland or Akai machines....

I really don't want to end up purchaing a software based sequencer/sampler...I want buttons, knobs, on the fly tweaking of sounds...not point and click mouse movements....as it is my career involves sitting in front of a computer all day...I don't want to do the same with a hobby!

:cheers:

I'd wait for Sound on Sound to review it, Future Music's reviews are not as critical, or in depth.

Originally posted by Tribal
I'd wait for Sound on Sound to review it, Future Music's reviews are not as critical, or in depth.

True dat. Does anything get less than 8/10 in that mag? I would honestly recommend no-one to buy on the basis of what FM says!

KasioRoks

WHOOOO CARES
There will ALWAYS be somebody who says it suckss..... so what... i don't give a damn...
i ordered it 2 weeks ago... i think next week finally my rs7000 is coming... im a totally beginner and new to all the hardware equipment... so i think this tool is a good starter...
the only problem is... 1450$ is the tool... 170$ a smartmedia card (64MB) and the reader for youre pc... then another 80$ for the 64MB internal Memory cause 4MB is not enough...
(i only bought the rs7000, the resat is coming!)

Cheers Rick J

CenturyVillage said:
:eek: :( :confused: :mad: :cry:

the Yamaha RM1X and RS7000 seem to be the way to go and have a lower learning curve than the Roland or Akai machines....

I really don't want to end up purchaing a software based sequencer/sampler...I want buttons, knobs, on the fly tweaking of sounds...not point and click mouse movements....as it is my career involves sitting in front of a computer all day...I don't want to do the same with a hobby!

:cheers:

i say go check out an akai unit, mpc300xl or something, that should do the trick. worth a look?

Rick J said:
170$ a smartmedia card (64MB) and the reader for youre pc... then another 80$ for the 64MB internal Memory cause 4MB is not enough...

someone is getting ripped off on the smartmedia there

Yeah, shop around... Also try ebay, there are usually several pages of smart media cards, readers and card+reader combos going at any given time, all for hella cheap prices cause of the volume. Don't buy from RadioShack... FutureShop has had the best deals I've seen in retail, but really watch ebay cause you can pick up a whicked combo for like $20 (including shipping) if you bide your time.
-mj-

Last edited by a moderator:
170$ a smartmedia card (64MB) and the reader for youre pc... then another 80$ for the 64MB internal Memory cause 4MB is not enough...

Sorry my mistake.... i wrote some sh****. i ordered a combo for 70$... not 170$ !!! at ebay you get a combo for about 55$... and i dont have to wait for it so who cares...

Rick

need help

rs7000 is also a synth and a drum machine and i don't need that.
i have the SNII for synth and the ER-1 for drums.

what i need is a way for playing all the tracks\loops
in live.
i need a keyboard or a pads machine that i can sample a big chunks off loops and play it.
each key will play a different loop. :cheers:

Re: need help

son said:

what i need is a way for playing all the tracksloops
in live.
i need a keyboard or a pads machine that i can sample a big chunks off loops and play it.
each key will play a different loop. :cheers:

look at some older sequencers:
Akai, Alesis, Kawai...

I own Alesis MMT8 and it's good.
It's a pattern sequencer. You have 8 tracks and on each track you can have different loop (sound). You press a button for track 1 and the track plays, you press it again and the track is muted. simple and great for live use.

i've never tried it, but heard about the alesis, i have the rm1x, but from a week, ia'm testing midi sequencing from FRUITYLOOPS3 midi out option. and i think i'll be sucessfull, 16 channels for sequencing. i attached my rm1x, to the midi out of the pc, and it still aint working , some setting problems, but i'll get them at their places. Wish Me LUCk ! :angel:

This Unit Is Amazing! I Have Used It For 4 Years And I Will Never Get Rid Of It! Please Dont Sleep On This Machine! You Will Regret It! I Love Mine!!!

Back