What ya'll do your drums on?

W

welchy3

i would like an mpc 2500, or 4000, but to stay in my price range i think im gonna stick with a softsampler for now.
im pretty sure that i will purchase logic pro. how is the sampler on there? can you tweak the drums very well?
if not what do you guys reccomend for sequncing my drums?(already have a trigger finger)

thanks
thomas

p.s. any other facts about logic, or tips or anything will be appreciated

i used to use ableton lives impulse, but now i switched over 2 Battery 3. i recommend it, that **** is hot.

Battery 3 is the bomb, or even battery 2....
I may be wrong but at the cost of Logic pro you can buy an MPC, can't you?

i LOVE the redrum in reason one thing tahts imortant is being able to thweak the drums not just layer and for me i dont like the filters and eq in redrum and the sr 202 is great but u cant preview drums when trying to load them in so it suckes lol but ya im just saying the re drum is HAWT lol

I use VELOCITY inside Project5 for my drum sampler, though I use Microtonic a lot as well (a drum synthesizer...and the best one ever made hardware or software...yes, I like it better than a TR-808).

thats right i could buy an mpc for the price for logic,,,, but ill still need a sequencer for my computer

Logic's sampler itself isn't that great if you want to do a lot to your drum samples. Ultrabeat (Logic's built-in drum machine) however, IS good for that. It's got a built-in pattern sequencer or you can just play it with your keyboard and you can also make your own drum sounds from nothing if you're good with synthesis. That thing has some SERIOUS bass.

i dont keep many drum kits on the pc except what i save in my template when i get bored with that kit i usually just make a new one and dont save it but i probabaly should

Back