What DAW's do you use for your productions ?

GeriDeeJay

Hi guys,

just want to know what DAW's do you use for your music productions.

And what is the reason you use it ?

Thank you. :)

I use both Reaper and FL Studio.

I often start out by making several drum patterns in FL Studio using the step editor. Then I render out the patterns as waves which I import into Reaper.
Then, in Reaper, I overdub synths and freeze them to audio. Then I edit the audio and mix it down with some effects. I find that Reaper handles audio really well.
But FL Studio's step editor is nice and I'm hoping to learn more about FL Studio as time goes on. I was kind of disappointed that the Fruity version doesn't allow for audio clips.
I need to pay 110 more dollars just to get the audio features. Reaper was only 60 bucks and so it was a better deal.

Ableton for me. It's the simplest to use with the most features, though I wish the UI could be better.

Reason and studio one with reaper as a rewire tool for meldaplugin.
after version 3 mrhytmizer crashes on it so reaper is rewired as the "backup daw" sometimes till windows 10 big update hopefully fix it.

Lately I started using EnergyXT again for the early portions of composing. I find that it handles MIDI better than Reaper and it has nice input quantizing to speed up the workflow.
I don't use EnergyXT alot though, because it's support and development is so slow. It just recently got multicore support and that's only for the beta so far.

I've used Pro Tools for years. Not the best when it comes to producing, although it has improved slightly. Probably wouldn't have been my first choice for a DAW to produce in but it was the first DAW I purchased to learn how to record and mix in. I seem to do pretty well with Pro Tools, but I think I would be able to accomplish more using Logic or maybe even Ableton Live. The reason being is that Logic and Ableton are more flexible when it comes to composing and manipulating midi.

OK, so I did some CPU tests and on my laptop FL Studio maxxes out really easily so I won't be upgrading it for audio file use because it can just barely do much of anything except for the step editor which it does well for drums.

And then Reaper is still not as easy as EnergyXT or accurate for inputting MIDI data, so I think I'm going to change my workflow so that I start out in EnergyXT getting the composition going, then export stems and MIDI into Reaper, and do the final mix in Reaper.

And I might just start doing everything in EnergyXT if the next stable version comes out.

I use fl studio and I'm starting cubase. I use FL studio because of its price and relatively good interface. I also enjoy its simplicity. I'm starting to use cubase because I just enjoy how nice it seems. It makes me feel more productive, and I have no idea why ._.

I'm an Ableton Live user, but have used Sonar and Cubase in the past. Most of the full-featured DAWs are very similar - Cubase, Sonar, Logic, DP...

Studio one and reason mainly, cubase and ableton were free with previous audio interface.
Might consider cubase ai as a sampler and ableton as a bootleg mpc setup on windows tablet since I notice the clip launcher makes ableton's workflow similar to that of a drum machine after paying closer attention to the feature set of that daw.

i use flstudio, and have been using it since its version 1.7.. its pretty cool how they have developed the environment and the work flow.. its quit easy simple and inventive.. and all these years in development and research.. landed it on the moon. i used ableton live and reason too.. but flstudio is limitless.. if u havent used the patcher..its crazy.. i mean awwfully crazy. iam a big time fl user.. but sumtime wen i feel like going off road i use reason or lie..

Studio One 3 Professional, mainly because I got it (Studio One 3 Artist) with their StudioBox bundle, but immediately loved it immensely and knew I would stick with it so I upgrade to professional. Easy to use for a beginner like me, while being so powerful that I know won't outgrow it for sure.

Tinkered with alotta daws on the side to see if there was anything else I'd bother with beside reason/S1 and surpisingly stuck to cubase as a slicex replacer.

prefer using FL for most stuff except recording which i like to do in reaper, i have made a few tracks on reaper though.

Back