What are the best programs (that aren't DAWs) for chopping/editing samples?

There's no such thing.A D.A.W is a digital AUDIO workstation.If you're looking for something to chop quickly and precisely but something that always lets you use vsts....i recommend SoundForge.I've used it for years and LOVE it!

Peace.

Sound Forge. Another thing that no one has mentioned about Sound Forge is that you can create loop points on the sample that most hardware samples will recognize with Sound Forge. I use to edit my samples in Sound Forge for use in my Motif, and the Motif would recognize my loop points.

If he's not using Reason.....recycle isn't the best option.Soundforge is dope but there are other options like Audacity.

Peace.

Recycle would be fine for non Reason users (if he's not looking for something to record the sample with). You can export the chop/slices as WAV files, versus a REX file, and use them within any other program and/or piece of hardware.

Recycle would be fine for non Reason users (if he's not looking for something to record the sample with). You can export the chop/slices as WAV files, versus a REX file, and use them within any other program and/or piece of hardware.

So what happens when he wants to sample?Not every producer does and some never will but i'd rather have all the features in one program instaed of learning something in one and then as my needs change,having to switch to something different.

Peace

there is cool edit pro (old school) & Propellerhead's Recycle (which i bought and can count on 2 hands how many times i've used it)

Back